Question on the Icon used for the Login section

Options

I'm going to use JCPenney as an example on this one. In particular the web site
www.jcpcreditcard.com. I have the rich icon option in the settings/display section
turned on because the visual allows me to quickly sort out the logins.

The URL above resolves to the back end credit card holder in the case of just
about all retailers. When using Firefox, JCPenney resolves to what I believe is
a Synchrony Bank icon. 1Password didn't seem to capture the login info, but appeared
to be in a in-flight stage logging into the same URL. So I resorted to creating a manual
entry in the Login section of 1Password. I'm ok with that unless someone wants to run
with that one but my real question here is on the icons associated with the login to JCPenney.

In the case of JCPenney, I am actually ok with the backing credit card company, but I am scratching
my head as Firefox displays an icon I believe is a Schrony Bank but 1Password grabs a GE icon when
adding manually. I suspect that it is just a matter of the icon being pulled in from a different spot.

I also noticed that in the Logins Edit screen it is possible to load a new icon. Now the $25,000
question after all that background info is that I was wondering if I could determine the url's of
the icons using the development panes and pull it in and add it manually. Would another option
be to find a image I like and use a tool to transform the image to an appropriate icon.
Or I may be overthinking this and there might be an incredibly simple way to handle this!

Thanks for any advice in advance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rickapel
    rickapel
    Community Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

Figured out that I could just find any image I like to use for 1Password and just import it in via the edit menu. No conversion is required to .ico format as 1Password will allow you to import images in the typical formats.

Consider this question closed out.

• Hey @rickapel! Even though you said we could close this out, I just wanted to comment that if you notice low-res or incorrect icons in the future, you can let us know those URLs so we can fix those on our end. Rich icons are a manual process currently, so having our users let us know about problematic sites is really helpful. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.