Changing selected item when in edit mode

Options

Hello,

There seems to be a small glitch in the Windows desktop app with selecting different items while in edit mode - when you cancel edit mode the newly selected item is highlighted but the previous selection is visible.

To reproduce:

• Select "Item 1" and click "edit" to activate edit mode on "Item 1"
  • While in edit mode, select "Item 2" from the list
  • Click "Cancel" to close edit mode

Note that "Item 2" is selected, but "Item 1" is shown. At this point, clicking "Item 2" again in the list doesn't have any effect - you have to click another item first and then "Item 2" again to show Item 2 in the details pane.

It's not a major problem, just a little bit of a speed bump...

Cheers,

Mike

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:edit select

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mike99,

Thank you for reporting this!

I believe that you bumped into a known issue. The current behaviour is not correct, even without the refresh glitch you bumped into.

When you enter an Edit mode and make no changes, clicking a different item in the list should cancel the Edit mode and switch to the next item right away. If you make any changes to an item and try to switch to another item, 1Password should prompt you to save changes before switching to the next item. This is what we do on Mac:

And we want to make this experience more consistent across platforms. However, we are busy with other higher-priority tasks at the moment and I do not have any timeframes for you. We will post more news once we have them. I am sorry for this inconvenience in the meantime.

Let me know if it answers your question and clarifies the situation. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• mike99
    mike99
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, yeah, that would work better.

I appreciate you obviously know your workload and priorities better than I do, but small UI glitches like this really derail me when I'm editing a bunch of entries - it'd be nice to get it stomped out sooner rather than later...

Cheers,

M

• There's a saying that I think originated with XKCD that everything messes up someone's workflow, @mike99, but that doesn't make those issues any less important to those encountering them. We totally understand that and certainly make an effort to get all issues addressed as quickly as possible given the priorities and resources we have. Hang tight – we'll get there and get it sorted. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.