Can 1Password automatically change weak passwords? (when prompted)

I have been evaluating password managers. Dashlane and LastPass both offer a slick way to automatically change weak passwords (i.e., that does not require me to log in to each website and manually change the password. Does 1Password offer something similar? If not, why not and would you add this as a feature request? (I understand that all sites are different and password requirements vary for each site, BUT if your competitors are able to do this, I would think it should be possible in 1Password also. It's a very nice feature and one of the reasons I would not choose 1Password (though I am still researching and making up my mind.)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:change passwords

Comments

• Hey @motbotw 👋 I'm glad to hear you're giving 1Password a thorough evaluation. My wonderful colleague @Lars has shared some thoughts on this feature in the past, in an extremely well-thought and more eloquent manner than I could ever hope to express. I'd recommend checking out his comments. :smile: In short, there are a number of issues with this, in terms of your privacy, the reliability, the feasibility, and the usefulness this ultimately would bring, although it's a cool feature.

This discussion has been closed.