Feature Request: Ability to open 1Password desktop from 1Password X extension

Just started testing 1Password X so maybe I'm missing something, but I'd love a way to open 1Password desktop app from the extension, possibly in the ⚙️menu?

Thanks for your consideration and keep up the great work! 👍

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 1.17.1
OS Version: MacOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Bikr! Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. Could you let us know the reason you'd want to open the 1Password desktop app from 1Password X? What is it that you want to see in the desktop app at that point? That should help me determine where such an option could potentially be placed and why it'd be useful. :chuffed:

• Bikr
    Bikr
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

Sometimes I need to do more than just a simple edit and I prefer to use the 1Password desktop app for those tasks because…
    1. It allows me to see a lot more at a once; whereas the extension window is really small and not resizable (I think Google limits extension windows to 600px in height). I have a 27" 5k iMac and like to make use of this wonderful display!
    2. The always-visible sidebar helps me browse and navigate through my 400+ items.
    3. Even though I've only been using it for a couple months, I'm now used to the desktop app. While somewhat consistent, there are some small things which are different and I rather stick to a single interface for most of my management tasks (I already submitted feedback around this one).
    4. I'm used clicking the gear icon in the mini version to open 1Password.
    5. Overall it just looks and feels better! 😍

Hope this helps!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@Bikr – I see! I really appreciate the detailed explanation. You should still be able to click the gear icon in 1Password mini to get to the "open 1Password" option with Desktop App Integration enabled, but I now see how it'd be useful in 1Password X as well. Thanks again for your feedback. ❤️

ref: xplatform/xplatform#108

This discussion has been closed.