Credit card filled incorrectly on REI

Comments

• Bikr
    Bikr
    Community Member

Is there another thread for tracking other field filling issues?

During checkout at REI, when you add a new payment method, 1Password filled the credit card field with my name. 😞

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Bikr:

I have split your question into its own discussion ;)

I actually see a different behavior here: when filling a credit card item on that website, the name field was not filled at all for me. Can you confirm once again some details about your system configuration so I can see if there are any differences? Specifically, I am interested in:

• 1Password Version
    • 1Password Extension Version
    • Browser Used
    • Browser Version
    • OS Version

I noticed in the previous discussion that you said everything was up to date, but that was almost a month ago, so if you could give us precise version information now it would be very helpful. Thank you!

• Bikr
    Bikr
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

Everything should still be the latest, but to be sure, here you go:

• 1Password Version: 7.3.2 (70302004)
    • 1Password Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
    • Browser Used: Chrome
    • Browser Version: 76.0.3809.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    • OS Version: MacOS Mojave 10.14.6

Repro steps
    1. Sign in to my REI account
    2. Add something to my cart
    3. Proceed through checkout
    4. On the Payment page, click the Select credit card field and then click Use different card.
    5. Click the Credit card field (to put focus in it)
    6. Press Cmd + \ to invoke 1Password

Current result
    The credit card field will fill with my email but neither the Expiration or Security code field will autofill.

Expected result
    Each of the credit card fields fill properly (after selecting card when 1Password prompts).

• Bikr
    Bikr
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

I can also reproduce it using the "guest checkout".

When I'm on the Payment page, pressing Cmd + \ does nothing. But if put my focus on the Credit Card field, pressing Cmd + \ will fill it with my email address. Pressing Alt + Cmd + \ displays 1Password "mini" with only my REI login item listed. Not a list of my credit cards which is what I'd expect.

• Hey @Bikr, thanks for all the lovely details. With your setup info, steps to reproduce, and expected vs. actual results, it's as though you wrote up a bug report for me! :smile:

I tried things out on my own (on a guest checkout page), and I had same issue: I too didn't have any Suggestions, and once I manually chose my credit card, the expiration and security code filled, but the credit card number stayed empty.

I tried this out in 1Password X, and things worked beautifully, however. Suggestions showed, and everything filled in perfectly. Since you're a Chrome user, if you have a 1Password account, I might suggest exploring 1Password X, as it tends to offer a more reliable and advanced filling/saving experience. It seems for some reason the older extension has an analysis problem for this page, so I've let our developers know, so thanks for bringing it up!

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#692

• Bikr
    Bikr
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

Well, I'm also in the tech biz so I have a bit of experience writing bug reports. 😊

I installed 1Password X for Chrome and it does solve all the issues, filling all fields correctly. 👍

On a side note, as a new customer setting up 1Password, it wasn't clear that there were two different Chrome extensions. I may have seen a reference to "1Password X", but I thought it was a completely different product than "1Password Families" (what I paid for). Maybe the naming could be clearer, or better yet, only promote one extension, whichever is better!?

• I hear you loud and clear. Our extension situation is one we continue to evaluate, and we did recently move 1Password X up on our downloads page to be the focus and lead suggestion. :smile: By the way, 1Password X will also integrate with 1Password for Mac in the future. If you want to be an early adopter, here's how:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/101231/introducing-desktop-app-integration-for-mac/p1

Cheers!

• Bikr
    Bikr
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

Looks like Southwest's checkout form is problematic. 1Password didn't fill any of the credit card fields:
    https://www.southwest.com/air/booking/confirmation.html

• Hey again, @Bikr :smile: I've let our developers know about this one, as well.

ref: xplatform/xplatform#119

This discussion has been closed.