Weird display bug on Windows

Hi all,

I recently found an odd display bug with 1PX when running it in Chrome on my Windows machine:

For some reason, there is a black outline on the bottom and right side of the popup. Any reasons for this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.17.1 BETA
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 1903
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @jadchaar! I believe that has to do with the shadow. It looks a bit differently for me on macOS.

I tested it out on Windows using Parallels, and I'm still not seeing the same black border on the right and bottom of the 1Password X pop-up. Here's what I see:

What version of Chrome are you running?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2019

@jadchaar: Heya, Jad! :)

I'm not actually seeing that with 1Password X beta on Windows 10 1903 here myself. I wonder if it's some odd interaction with your Windows display settings or Chrome theme -- or perhaps even with the website you're visiting.

• jadchaar
    jadchaar
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

@brenty @kaitlyn Hmm this only happens on my PC (works fine on Mac) and it occurs on all websites that I visit. I am running the latest version of Chrome (v77)

Any diagnostics info needed to debug this? Or should I just try reinstalling the extension?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@jadchaar – Do you happen to have a Chrome theme installed on your PC? I'm curious if reinstalling helps, so go ahead and try that. I'm also curious if you see the same thing in a fresh Chrome profile (with no themes or other extensions installed). Let us know!

• jadchaar
    jadchaar
    Community Member

Hi! I don't have any themes installed. I do have dark mode on though. I will try re-installing.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

I see! I'm not able to enable dark mode without activating Windows on Parallels, but Brenty's screenshot looks like he has dark mode enabled. I can't be certain it's not a theme, though. Anyways, let us know if reinstalling resolves the strange border, and we'll go from there. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jadchaar: I thought that might be a clue, as I didn't realize that Chrome has added native support for Windows 10's dark theme. So I flailed around for a while here trying to figure out how to uninstall the dark theme I thought I'd installed from the Chrome Web Store -- to no avail (Google told me to look for a "reset appearance" button, but none existed), as it turns out I hadn't installed any themes, and I've just been using the default in dark mode all along... So I'm really not sure why it would be different for you. :(

This discussion has been closed.