Custom Icons syncing from Windows APP over to Android APP [Custom icons not yet supported]

Sleinous
Sleinous
Community Member
edited September 2019 in Android

Hi all,
How do I get my custom icons that i've added to all my websites with missing icons to sync over to my Android phone using the android app ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Yulka1355
    Yulka1355
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

Hi @Sleinous,

From what I can see that feature is still not available (https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/107031/cannot-create-my-own-rich-icon-on-windows#latest).
    I have the same issue with my Android... Hopefully, they will add this feature later on.

• peri
    edited December 2019

Hi @Sleinous. 1Password for Android does not currently have support for custom icons, as @Yulka1355 mentioned. However, I'll make sure to pass your feedback on this issue to our development team.

ref: dev/android/onepassword-android#380

• Sleinous
    Sleinous
    Community Member

Yeah that's a real shame :( Hoping that comes sooner than later

• Sorry for the trouble. I've shared your request and feedback with our team, so they know you're eager to see this feature added.

• Yulka1355
    Yulka1355
    Community Member

Thanks @peri

• No problem! :smile:

• DnalorX
    DnalorX
    Community Member

1Password shows me wrong and outdated icons for some logins. I can override the icons in Windows but the Android app still shows me the wrong icons. With it, the icon feature is completely unusable for every user with an Android phone. From my point of view this is not a feature request but actually a bug of an existing feature. Can you please confirm that this bug is already in your ticketing system? What status does it have (scheduled for a sprint, work in progress, assigned, not assigned,... )?

Are there plans to fix this bug in the near future or are there any known workarounds (apart from disabling the complete feature)? Do I have some kind of access to your ticketing system, so that I can vote for a fix?

Thank you in advance

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DnalorX: 1Password for Android does not have a custom icon feature. But can you clarify what you think the bug is, and the steps to reproduce it? I'll be happy to test it here.

• DnalorX
    DnalorX
    Community Member

There are actually three bugs:

1. 1Password shows a wrong, and by the way awful, icon for a login to a specific website

2. When I edit the login in the Windows application and add a custom image this image is only displayed in Windows but not in Android. There I still see the wrong icon.

3. When I edit the login again and click on the icon and select "remove saved icon", 1Password shows first the default grayscale icon (which would be at least better than the wrong awful icon). But when I click on "Save" I get again the wrong icon, even in the Windows application.

For me the feature is that I can select a custom icon for a login. This feature is the only way for me as a user to get rid of a wrong / awful / bad quality icon (probably one of the main use cases for this feature?). Every other setting of a login is respected on other devices but not the icons.

One main reason why I decided to evaluate 1Password instead of other password managers is that I can use it on multiple devices. Independent from whether you call this now a feature or a bug (the later should have higher priority in my eyes), I would still be interested in, wheter you plan to fix this in the near future.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    1. 1Password shows a wrong, and by the way awful, icon for a login to a specific website

@DnalorX: That's not very actionable. Would you be able be able to share the URL and/or a screenshot of what you're referring to, if not here then via email? I just don't know what you're referring to. I can't see how it would be a bug in 1Password since we don't control websites, but it's certainly something we can look into.

1. When I edit the login in the Windows application and add a custom image this image is only displayed in Windows but not in Android. There I still see the wrong icon.

As mentioned in the title and throughout this discussion, that is not a feature 1Password for Android has. It's a feature of the desktop app.

1. When I edit the login again and click on the icon and select "remove saved icon", 1Password shows first the default grayscale icon (which would be at least better than the wrong awful icon). But when I click on "Save" I get again the wrong icon, even in the Windows application.

This sounds like it's just an addendum to #1. Feel free to email the details to support@1password.com so we can know what you mean.

For me the feature is that I can select a custom icon for a login. This feature is the only way for me as a user to get rid of a wrong / awful / bad quality icon (probably one of the main use cases for this feature?). Every other setting of a login is respected on other devices but not the icons. One main reason why I decided to evaluate 1Password instead of other password managers is that I can use it on multiple devices. Independent from whether you call this now a feature or a bug (the later should have higher priority in my eyes), I would still be interested in, wheter you plan to fix this in the near future.

I understand, and as mentioned above it is something we hope to add to the Android app in the future. But it's not something we can prioritize above all else. We'd very much like it too though, so as we complete work on other things that are higher on the todo list we can work our way to this as well.

• serk_1le
    serk_1le
    Community Member

I am evaluating 1Password and this is kind of a bummer. The custom icon is a nice feature in windows. The fact that your icons in the Android app are horrible makes it even more of an issue.

Can you give us better icons to select from until custom icons are supported?

Dashlane has nice icons and the same one the desktop as on their Android app.

• Hi @serk_1le, thanks for the feedback. As Brenty mentioned above, custom icons is a feature that we're hoping to add to the Android app in the future, though there's no timeline for it currently. I'll pass your comments along to the team :)

• Langer
    Langer
    Community Member

This is one of the features that is missing from the otherwise perfect app for me.
    I think there are lots of users which want this feature for their Android App. It's annoying if i work really long time on custom icons on Windows and it is not synced to the Android App. =(

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about this as well @Langer, noted :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.