Will 1Password v.6.8.9 still work on my Mac when Mac OS Catalina gets released?

Options

The version of 1Password I have on my computer was downloaded from the Mac App Store. I understand that version 7 is available, but what will happen if I update to Mac OS Catalina without having first updated 1Password? Thanks for the help and the info.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.14.6
Sync Type: WIFI
Referrer: forum-search:catalina

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Ashiado: Old versions of 1Password for Mac cannot work with Safari, so you'd need to either upgrade to 1Password 7 (easy to do with a 1Password membership since that includes all the apps and updates) or use a different browser. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• ckstaley
    ckstaley
    Community Member
    Options

I purchased the 1Password perpetual license. As you have stated to Ashiado, 1Password v 6.8.9 no longer works with Safair 13.
    So, if we upgrade to 1Password 7, are you still going to support those of us who have purchased the 1Password perpetual license?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ckstaley: We have never sold anything called "perpetual" or "lifetime". If you purchased a license for 1Password for Mac version 6, it's valid for that version, not everything else we make in in the future in perpetuity. That's just not sustainable, or, frankly, reasonable, as we need to get paid for the work we do just like anyone else. If you purchased (a) previous version(s) of 1Password, I'd encourage you to shoot us an email at sales@1password.com with your receipt(s). We'll be happy to help you make the transition to a 1Password membership, which includes all the apps and updates. Otherwise you can continue using the specific version(s) you purchased. Just keep in mind that the old 1Password cannot work forever with new browser and OS releases which did not even exist when it was developed, as those necessarily evolve over time themselves.

This discussion has been closed.