Neither the Safari extension nor the App will launch a website and fill in the info woth the latest

kitmos
kitmos
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

1Password 7
Version 7.3.2.BETA-0 (70302000)
1Password Beta
Neither the Safari extension nor the App will launch a website and fill in the info woth the latest beta dropped today.

1Password Version: Version 7.3.2.BETA-0 (70302000
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kitmos
    kitmos
    Community Member

Neither the Safari extension nor the App will launch a website and fill in the info woth the latest beta dropped today

• kitmos
    kitmos
    Community Member

Never mind. It seems to working now. So far...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @kitmos! I am happy to hear that everything is working fine again :)

If you see this happen again, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• buNNie_86
    buNNie_86
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

I need help! I got the new 1 Password 7.3.3-2loaded and extension wouldn’t work. Finally got that done and worked fine yesterday but today will not open websites and I can’t get on Safari at all to go on Web! I’m not tech smart so I am lost🥺

• kitmos
    kitmos
    Community Member

I have this occaisionaly after an update but a reboot will fix it or even just quitting Safari.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

hi @kitmos,

There is obviously a bug. Force quitting the App and extension solves the problem.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Disabling and enabling the extension in Safari can help if it hasn't refreshed it after an update. Or, if Safari gets itself into a state where it isn't loading the extension at all for some reason, restarting Safari or macOS should work.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @brenty,

Yes, but the bug needs a fix from your side.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@HRD: No. We haven't changed anything there, and have no control over Safari loading 1Password anyway.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @brenty,

I am not convinced. None of my other Apps that push an extension into Safari has this bug. I kindly suggest you investigate further.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@HRD: I'm not here to convince you. If we could force Safari to load the extension we would. :)

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @brenty,

Little point continuing if you will not accept my point.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I don't disagree. There are things which are not in our control, so we try to focus on those which are. Cheers! :)

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @brenty,

I have this issue on 2 Macs and my business associate reports this also.

Let's have a more positive response than you did previously!

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@HRD I think brenty gave you the most positive answer he could. If you choose to refuse it, that's your privilege, but it's not going to change the fact that Apple/Safari controls the loading of extensions, not AgileBits. You could always switch to another browser if you can't get it to work for you. FYI, I've had no problem with this on the multiple Macs using both Betas of macOS and 1Password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I love Safari, but enjoy Firefox and Chrome derivatives like Brave as well. I think there are pros and cons to both approaches. In the context of this discussion, one benefit of the way that most browsers handle extensions is that the user has a lot more control over installation. Apple's approach with Safari has the benefit of users not having to actually install and update extensions, which is great when it is working as expected, but the flipside is there's very little that can be done when it isn't. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.