To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How can I seamlessly transfer all my old data to new membership? I am stuck without my passwords!

RossK
RossK
Community Member

I was advised by 1P that my licence no longer worked and so I followed the steps to download and install 1Password 7 with Extension so I could take up a membership or new licence. This included requiring me to quit 1P mini. Then it wanted my payment details and next started me off as a new 1P customer asking me to choose a name and master password.

What happened to all my user name, passwords and other data? I need them back on my MacBook. Fortunately, 1P is still working on my phone but that's really inconvenient.

It is shocking to suddenly lose access to all my passwords. Surely I can seamlessly transfer all over to the upgraded version - if my old licence has been cancelled.

1Password Version: The old one is gone so I don't know
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Mojave 10.14.6
Sync Type: WiFi (I think)
Referrer: forum-search:My 1P licence discontinued but 1P now requires to start over

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RossK!

We will be happy to help you with this. I noticed that you also sent us an email about this issue. So we don't duplicate the answers, we will get back to you over there as soon as possible :)

ref: QQU-32189-534

• RossK
    RossK
    Community Member

Hi ag_ana
    Thanks for the prompt reply. I have now managed to do this so thanks for getting back to me but I should be OK. I'll explore how to use this new version with my other devices.
    However, as some feedback for the company, there must be better ways of transferring people over to a new system than just cutting them off and leaving them with nothing after giving no warning that this was going to happen.
    Regards
    Ross

• Thanks for the feedback @RossK. That certainly isn't the intention. I'm sorry to hear that is how it played out for you.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.