Archiving: best practices?

Options
gregwalker
gregwalker
Community Member
edited September 2019 in Mac

I want to archive some of my old closed bank account numbers and closed credit cards numbers. Currently the way I have it set up is all the old Bank Account show up in the CATEGORIES > Bank Accounts and CATEGORIES > Credit Cards. I've owned 1Password for many years and have 29 entries in the credit card category with 17 of them being closed accounts. I would like to move these closed accounts out of they're respective categories into some type of archiving system. Any recommendations on how I could achieve this?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2019
    Options

Hi @gregwalker! Welcome to the forum!

A lot of people (myself included) use a separate Archive vault to store these type of items. You can then also hide this vault from All Vaults view under 1Password Preferences > Vaults > Show in All Vaults so these entries never show up in your search results :)

• gregwalker
    gregwalker
    Community Member
    Options

Sounds good. What process do I use to duplicate the Primary Vault then delete items accordingly on Archive Vault. Or is there some other process to complete this. I have 1,887 entires so no small task.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2019
    Options

Hi @gregwalker

I wouldn't do all that. I'd just move the item from Primary to the archive vault as you want to archive them.

Move and copy items | 1Password

Ben

This discussion has been closed.