Pricing of Stand Alone Version

2»

Comments

• I am a versions 3-6 user, purchasing before the 2018 cutoff. I understand the complexities of development and the need to get full price for version 7. I want to clear up one point of confusion before purchasing the v.7 license (not membership). Will I be able to use the Safari extension? Somewhere in the documented differences it says, "does not include web access."
    Thanks!

• Corey_CCorey_C

Team Member

Hello @steig

"Web access" in this case means heading over to https://start.1password.com/signin and signing in there. The core features of 1Password, that being saving and filling your passwords, are available regardless of which route you choose for the upgrade. So, yes, you will be able to use the Safari extension along with the regular extensions (as in, not 1Password X) for our other supported browsers.

• Great! Thanks. I was pretty sure there would still be web password utilities as it is the main reason I rely on the app. Which is also why I confirmed. Thanks again.

• Corey_CCorey_C

Team Member

Happy to help @steig. :)

• Is the sale still on for the stand alone license?

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Yes, as of writing, it is still available.

Ben

• Hi, if I buy the standalone licence for 1Password for Mac, will the license be valid also for 1Password for iOS/ iPhone? Thanks

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@charles1password

Licenses don't apply to mobile platforms anymore (e.g. there is nowhere to apply or buy a license for 1Password for iOS), but as long as you have licensed 1Password 7 for Mac you can sync that data to 1Password 7 for iOS, yes.

Ben

• Thanks Ben for your quick reply. So if I first download 1Passord 7 for Mac, pay for the standalone licence and sync data through iCloud or Dropbox (all on my Mac), i can later download 1Password for iOS, sync data from iCloud or Dropbox and access the full-featured 1Password on iOS?

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Yes, if you purchase a 1Password 7 for Mac license you'll be able to sync your data to Dropbox or iCloud which can then be synced with 1Password 7 for iOS at no additional cost as well.

Ben

• ayazdaniayazdani Junior Member

Hi. I currently have a license for the standalone version of 1Password 6 and am looking to upgrade to the standalone version of 1Password 7 (I am not interested in the subscription version). Is the standalone license still on sale for $49? Also I am in Canada, so I am wondering if the price is in US$ or CAD$. Thanks

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@ayazdani

Where possible licenses are sold in your local currency (CAD included). Any pricing mentioned on this forum is generally the USD price. That said, we no longer recommend that path. Membership is the way forward. I would strongly recommend that you reconsider. If you choose to purchase a license - yes, they are still discounted, as of writing this message, but that could end at any moment. The discount was intended to be a launch promotion for 1Password 7, but it has continued nearly a year and a half after its release. I'm guessing we may have simply forgot to flip the switch. As soon as someone from management notices, I suspect that'll change.

About 1Password membership

Have you tried membership? There is a 30-day free trial available. I'd suggest giving it a try. :)

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file