1password shows up but doesn't fill

Options
cswright
cswright
Community Member

I just updated safari to 13.0. A notice came up that 1pword 6 extension won't work any more. I bit the bullet and downloaded version 7. Nothing but problems. The extension shows up but it just supplies information, it doesn't fill. I tried to sign into my account but the sign in page just keeps coming back. I tried to subscribe but got a bunch of nonsense about a secret code. This used to be simple and straight forward, it ain't no more.

1Password Version: 7 3 3 beta 2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10 13 6
Sync Type: iCloud?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cswright!

Have you purchased a license for 1Password 7 already, or alternatively activated a subscription? I ask because the behavior you are describing is the same as 1Password running without a valid license.

• Old_Jeremiah
    Old_Jeremiah
    Community Member
    Options

I'd rather not pay yet another monthly subscription. You mention a license. How much does that cost? I can't seem to find it on the 1Password site.

• genec123
    genec123
    Community Member
    Options

My 1Pswd Plug-in must have upgraded. It no longer inserts the user name and password into the text boxes. Am I doing something wrong or is this the way of forcing users to upgrade and pay? Can I go back to the old plug-in? Thanks in advance.

• jacko_
    jacko_
    Community Member
    Options

I paid something like $50 for a license, and later on also paid for an upgrade ($25 or something). Also for my wife.

I don't want to pay a monthly bill of $6 - already bought the license. Is this Safari 13 upgrade meaning I can't use my 1password auto-fill anymore?? What kind of sneaky business is this?

• cswright
    cswright
    Community Member
    Options

How? I get asked to buy a subscription, which I really didn't want, but I can't sign in to do it.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Old_Jeremiah - if you installed 1Password 7 for Mac from our website, clicking the Read Only banner in any of your items (up towards the top-right of the item) will bring you to the Purchase Options screen, where you can click the "Need a license? We have those too" link. That will take you to our FastSpring store, where you can buy a standalone license for version 7. They're currently on sale for $49.99, over 23% off the regular retail price of $64.99, though I don't know for how much longer that will be the case.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@genec123 - if you've recently upgraded to 1Password 7 for Mac from a previous version, then that's likely to be the case -- version 7 is a completely new, full-version upgrade and as such, requires either the purchase of a new standalone license for version 7 or a 1password.com membership. Without one of those things, version 7 will be in Read Only mode, which means you cannot add, delete or edit any of your data, and you can't use the browser extension. You can still unlock and view your data, and of course copy/paste. Did you recently upgrade to version 7?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jacko_ - you don't have to subscribe to a 1Password account if you prefer the standalone license model and the DIY aspect it offers. But if your most-recent standalone license was prior to late March of 2018, then you'll need to purchase a new standalone license to use the new version. Please see my reply to @Old_Jeremiah, above, for details, and let us know if you have any questions.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cswright - did you download 1Password 7 for Mac from the Mac App Store? If so, that'll be why you aren't getting the link to purchase a license. If that's the case, Quit 1Password 7 completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu), then delete the Mac App Store version of the app. Don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just drag the 1Password app from your Applications folder to your Mac's Trash, then empty the Trash. Then visit our downloads page and grab a copy of the current 1Password 7 for Mac installer (7.3.2) and run it. When you re-open 1Password, everything will be as it was, but clicking the "Read Only" badge on any of your items will result in the Purchase Options window from which you can choose the "Need a license" link, like this:

Hope that helps. :)

• cswright
    cswright
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the help. I got it to work but it seems very complicated

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cswright:

If you have any specific questions or things you would like us to help you with, please let us know, we are always here to help :)

This discussion has been closed.