I need to access to my old account but I don't have/know the secret key.

Options
MBarroso
MBarroso
Community Member

Good afternoon.
I downloaded the app on 11/21/2016 09:53 AM. I don't remember if I paid but since 2016 I have been using the app.
Last week, I had a problem with my Iphone and needed to reinstall it. When I downloaded "1password" I had to enter the data to access the app. I wrote my email adress and the password but I need the secret key that I don't know. I went to support for help but support says I need to sign in to my account and this I can't do without the key secret!!!
I made a new account with my email and I thought the site would say "this account already exists" but to my surprise a new account was opened !!! But what I really need is access to my old account. Can you help me please?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @MBarroso

Thank you for taking the time to write in. I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty you're having accessing your old account. If said account was a 1Password membership you would need the Secret Key in order to access it. There is no way around that. We have some tips on finding your Secret Key that may help, here:

Find your Secret Key or Setup Code | 1Password

If instead you were using 1Password "standalone" (e.g. with a license, rather than a membership) then there would be no Secret Key for it, and we would not be storing that data. By default it is stored only on the device it is created on, but we offer options to sync with Dropbox or iCloud. Do you remember setting up syncing with one of those services?

Ben

• MBarroso
    MBarroso
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately I do not remember using Icloud or Dropbox!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MBarroso:

If you were not syncing your data to iCloud or Dropbox, the only option to restore your data would be via a backup. Do you have one?

Alternatively, were you using 1Password just on this phone, or were you using it also on other devices?

This discussion has been closed.