Auto fill in not working on lufthansa.com

blaxx
blaxx
Community Member
edited January 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

Hey guys,

I finally convinced my mom to a family subscription. As a software developer I've been using 1password for some time now and I really like it. However, the first website my mom happened to visit was https://www.lufthansa.com/de/de/homepage (major german airline) where the browser extension can't seem to fill in the username properly. Since I can reproduce the issue on my macbook + chrome (mom is using windows + firefox), I decided to create this post. So far, I've tried the auto save feature (logging in an letting the extension pick up the credentials) and creating a new login (filling in the credentials and using the gear icon to create the login item), to no avail. The password gets filled in correctly, the username doesn't. Other sites are working fine, so at least I didn't look like a complete fool in front of my mom, but could you please have a look at this specific page?

Thanks in advance,
Phil

1Password Version: 7.2.4 (70204000)
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.13.6 (17G65)
Sync Type: n/a

Edit: Typos

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @blaxx,

The forum had a hiccup by the looks of it and I found three near identical but separate posts from you. I believe this one contains everything you were trying to add and I've deleted the other two. I only mention it in case if when you look back at your post you don't see something that you thought should be there.

Now to the issue at hand.

Well that's pretty embarrassing. Lufthansa even use the autocomplete attribute to help with field designation and despite even that helpful indicator I cannot get 1Password to correctly fill the email address as the username. I don't know why 1Password is doing that and I shall file a bug report. Unfortunately I've not found a way to coax the right behaviour out of 1Password and so for the moment this really seems like it will need to be fixed by us. I am sorry, I do try to find workarounds where possible so users don't need to wait on a fix but nothing worked.

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#333

• blaxx
    blaxx
    Community Member

Hey @littlebobbytables (great nickname btw),

first of all, my apologies for the duplicate postings and thank you for correcting things. Looks good to me now.

Second, I do appreciate you guys looking into this, but it's really not that urgent for us. I'm glad my mom is picking up on how to use 1password now and she is enjoying it.

Thanks again,
    Phil

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @blaxx,

We're definitely happy to learn your mum is getting to grips with 1Password and enjoying it, even if one of the sites first tried didn't make 1Password shine. The report is great though as it will hopefully help improve filling in the future.

• bartzilla
    bartzilla
    Community Member

This actually happened to me too. Set up 1password today for the first time, went to lufthansa.com to see my fancy configuration I created in 1Password. I was feeling so proud of how clean and organized my identities, passwords, logins, were, then moment of true! Let´s check this out.. first thing I do, go to lufthansa.com tried to use Autofill... It didn´t work :D

• Hey @bartzilla, I'm sorry you ran into this in your first go. :frown: I hope 1Password is otherwise working well for you. If you notice any other further issues, please let us know.

• kevliu
    kevliu
    Community Member

Another +1 -- Autofill is not detecting the username and password fields on Lufthansa.com as such.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2019

Thank you for the report as well @kevliu, and thank you for your patience while we get to the bottom of this :)

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#333

• soundclub
    soundclub
    Community Member

i've got the same issue, is there a fix planned in future?
    I am using this site very often and it would be great to see the autofill working on this site ;)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Yes, we hope to do this as soon as possible @soundclub, but we don't have anything to announce at the moment. Thank you for your patience!

This discussion has been closed.