Change the Profile Name

mikeblume
mikeblume
Community Member

So I have this profile name that I had quickly created. When I try to change the username through the profile, it is disabled. Is there a way to change the profile name or set up an alternative (alias)?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mikeblume!

Can you please clarify what you mean by "profile" exactly? Perhaps a screenshot would also help.

Thank you!

• mikeblume
    mikeblume
    Community Member

@ag_ana .. I think I mistyped and wrote "profile name" when I meant username. The profile I was referring to is the one accessed by "Edit Profile" or via the URL (e.g., https://discussions.agilebits.com/profile/edit/ag_ana).

On the profile page, you can modify the email address, but cannot change your username. A person I know would like to keep their username hidden or at least be able to change what's displayed. As I was thinking a little further about their comment, I also thought that there might be times where I might benefit from some anonymity. I'm not sure why a "display name" couldn't be used if it's too difficult to make a username editable.

• Hi @mikeblume

Usernames for this forum are not customizable. Depending on the circumstances we can sometimes make a one-time exception via email at support+forum@1password.com. If you have a privacy concern please reach out to us and we'll see what we can do.

Ben

• mikeblume
    mikeblume
    Community Member

@ben would it not be easier to just add the field in the database and modify the new/edit user forms?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mikeblume:

I am afraid that we don't have that sort of control on the forum, because we are not its developers. We can certainly pass the feedback to Vanilla (who created the forum software), but in the meantime, emailing us at support+forum@agilebits.com as Ben mentioned in his post above is probably the best option.

This discussion has been closed.