how fast does 1password sync in the background ?

David Cher
David Cher
Community Member

i did a test and created a login on my iMac and the entry was sync to the mobile device but from the mobile device i deleted it but it does not have sync back to the iMac

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@David Cher: If you deleted it, it shouldn't sync back; it should stay deleted. How fast sync happens though depends largely on your network environment. Some security settings and software can interfere with that, so it can help to set an exception for 1Password.

• David Cher
    David Cher
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

@brenty i mean the entry is still there on the iMac until i close 1password complete to see the change get reflected

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@David Cher:

What sync method is this happening with?

• David Cher
    David Cher
    Community Member

nothing . there is no sync mode for me to select . i just signed in to 1password trial and the sync disappear

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@David Cher:

So you are syncing through 1Password.com, thank you for the confirmation!

Are both devices using the same vault?

• David Cher
    David Cher
    Community Member

yes both are using the same vault

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@David Cher:

Can you please do a quick test for me? Can you please lock and unlock the 1Password for Mac app once? Did the item change sync this time (I ask because locking and unlocking the app forces sync to take place immediately)?

• David Cher
    David Cher
    Community Member

tried that does not work . it will only work after i completely close it

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@David Cher:

Can you please replicate this behavior and then send us a diagnostics report from this Mac and a diagnostics report from your iOS device so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you? You can send both to support+forum@agilebits.com.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rldefelice!

Every sync issue and device configuration is different. Until we see the diagnostics reports from the other devices, and unless we compare all of them, we cannot say if this is the same issue. It could be just a misconfiguration on a single device, or a connectivity issue.

This discussion has been closed.