1Password mini opens sites in new tab instead of existing blank tab

skatch
skatch
Community Member

I often open a new tab in Safari (displaying my favorites), bring up 1Password mini, search for a login, and hit enter to open and fill a website. What I expect to happen is for the website to open in the existing tab. Instead it opens in a new tab, so that I then have to close the previous new tab.

In short:

Is it possible to have 1pwd open sites in the current tab if the current tab isn't already displaying a webpage?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @skatch!

Is it possible to have 1pwd open sites in the current tab if the current tab isn't already displaying a webpage?

Yes, you can change this under 1Password Preferences > Browsers tab > Open logins in and select Current Tab from that dropdown menu :)

• skatch
    skatch
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_ana. I actually prefer the "Open logins in: New Tab" behavior most of the time. It's only when I've already opened a new tab and then invoked 1pwd that I want it to use the existing tab. I was wondering if it's possible to tweak the "new tab" behavior for this special case?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@skatch:

Not at the moment, although thank you for the feedback :) I will pass it along for you.

This discussion has been closed.