Chrome Extension - Not functioning Properly

jennnyc
jennnyc
Community Member

Not working. I have to copy/paste most passwords.

Any suggestions?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jennnyc!

Can you please give us some more information about your environment?

• 1Password Version
    • Extension Version
    • OS Version
    • Browser Used
    • Browser Version

Thank you!

• WDC
    WDC
    Community Member

Same issue:
    Version 7.3.3 BETA-2 (70303002) Extension Version 4.7.5.90 MacOS 10.14.6 Brave 0.68.138 version (Chrome) & Safari Version 13.0 (14608.1.49)

1PW icon in browser type in website name ... shows GO or AUTO FILL (random which one) hit AUTO FILL and the dropdown jumps to under the icon in the Apple Menu Bar ... Have to reenter the website identifier again ... and hit GO ... does NOT Auto Fill, when it shows up, if it shows up, then it jumps to GO again ... I have to consistently copy and paste the username and password.

I've apparently been remiss in not reporting this long ago ... sorry ...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @WDC!

Thank you for the additional information. Is this happening in other browsers too, or just in Brave?

• jennnyc
    jennnyc
    Community Member

Pretty much same thing as @WDC mentioned, just not functioning properly and paying monthly for your service that is just not working and making things more time consuming with copying & pasting.

7.3.2 (70302003)
    10.14.6 (18G103)
    Chrome

1 - Click Extension on any given login site.
    2 - "Suggestions" typically pop up matching the site.
    3 - Click on the login wanted.
    4 - Just redirects to "All Items" not plugging in any login credentials.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jennnyc - if you have a 1Password account, and you've added your account to 1Password for Mac, then you certainly shouldn't be having any trouble filling data. By far the most-common reason users cannot fill or save data with the browser extension is that they have not yet either purchased a standalone license for version 7 or sign into the app with a current 1password.com account. Have you tried signing in with another browser/1password extension combination, and if so, what is the result?

• WDC
    WDC
    Community Member

Brave and Safari ... sometimes I think it depends on the website, because occasionally I get Auto Fill right off the bat and it works, but I'd say it's less that 2% of the time. It used to work flawlessly, and I loved it, but now it's a pain to use.

• WDC
    WDC
    Community Member

Also, yes, I have a paid account and I am signed in.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@WDC - OK, thanks for the clarification. To get a better idea of what might be causing the problem, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#AYK-87689-235]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out. If you can also give us a list of sites at which you're not able to successfully fill (or save, depending) so we can test them here, that will be most helpful.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @WDC only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.*

ref: AYK-87689-235

• jennnyc
    jennnyc
    Community Member

Still having same issue?!!?

I pay monthly through the Mac App store for 1P.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jennnyc:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.