To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

master password works only on Mac

rkrupka
rkrupka
Community Member

Hello. I recently started a 1password membership and downloaded 1password7. Since I had an apple app store version of 1password6 I was instructed to follow steps to migrate over to the 1password7 membership. Well, I know my master password because it opens 1password on my mac and face/fingerprint ID opens the program on my iphone/ipad. However when I use it at my.1password.com or when I use the scan code to add my devices I get the error message "Can’t sign in. Your email address, Secret Key, or Master Password is incorrect." But I CAN get into the programs as previously stated!
Help please

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rkrupka!

When you created your 1Password account on 1Password.com, you were prompted to choose a new Master Password for this account. Did you choose a different one (perhaps a longer one), than the one you have been using to unlock the app itself until now?

• rkrupka
    rkrupka
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

with all due respect, I wasn't, or don't remember, being asked about entering a new master password. I just signed up for the subscription and followed the instructions about downloading the program and migrating from the app store version to the website version. In a matter of fact, my browser recorded the master password and it's the one I am using and failing. It's also in my "emergency kit" from October 2017 and September 2019

• rkrupka
    rkrupka
    Community Member

So, if it's impossible to correct this situation and I must delete my account and create a new one will I lose all of my 1passwords logins, etc? Also what complications will result regarding my subscription?

• rkrupka
    rkrupka
    Community Member

well, guess what; it suddenly works. My master password is now valid! Hmm.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Hey, I've definitely had days like that! Thanks for the update. Glad you were successful. :)

This discussion has been closed.