Deleted 1Password version 6 as I use version 7.But now get constant v6 error message

Options
barbpassman
barbpassman
Community Member

Since deleting 1Password 6, I constantly (every few minutes!) receive the following:
"DatabaseBackup Failed
The 1 Password database could not be backed up. Database exists but is invalid, one or more key files is missing"

The icon on this error message is from 1 Password Version 6. My Version 7 is intact
What do I do to end this annoying error message?What file do I need to trash, while not damaging the data in my Version 7?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• barbpassman
    barbpassman
    Community Member
    Options

addendum, I use 1 Password v 7.3.2, OS10.14.6 and I sync the backup to DropBox where there are two backups, one with Agile Bits in the name and the other has OP in the title (not sure that that is),My most current backup is in the later

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @barbpassman!

Is 1Password 7 the only 1Password app currently installed on your system? If you open the Applications folder, do you maybe see the old 1Password 6 app in there?

• barbpassman
    barbpassman
    Community Member
    Options

I deleted 1Password6 by dragging the application to trash
    Oh- JUST NOTICED-it is still in the trash ; have not yet emptied trash.

Should I simply restore to my application folder? If so,. how do I safely get rid of version6 and not get the annoying error message?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@barbpassman - go ahead and empty the trash, then restart your Mac. That should take care of it, but if you notice further problems, let us know.

• barbpassman
    barbpassman
    Community Member
    Options

I trashed version 6
    Still getting the error message
    What should I do?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@barbpassman - at this point, to get a better idea of what's going on, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#BDP-29529-416]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out. Please also include a screenshot of the error message you’re seeing.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @barbpassman only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: BDP-29529-416

• barbpassman
    barbpassman
    Community Member
    Options

I just sent the report and screen shot

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you! I confirm that we have received your message. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible :)

• barbpassman
    barbpassman
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, wll appreciate your input to get rid of the annoying pop up error message

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

• barbpassman
    barbpassman
    Community Member
    Options

Any thoughts? The annoying pop up is still with me. I don't want to delete anything else so as not to damage my Version 7 database

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@barbpassman:

I see that Lars replied to your email 4 days ago, can you please check if it maybe ended up in your spam folder?

• barbpassman
    barbpassman
    Community Member
    Options

Nothing received from Lars other than the first message asking for a report

• Ben
    Options

@barbpassman

I've just re-send Lars's message to you again. Please let me know ASAP if you don't have it. You may be having trouble receiving some emails from us. It may be worth following up with your email provider to see if they can track down what happened to the original message:

Ben

• barbpassman
    barbpassman
    Community Member
    Options

I may have accidentally tossed it . Received the resend and will follow the instructions later this evening
    Thank you

• barbpassman
    barbpassman
    Community Member
    Options

Ah- just found Lars original message
    I was searching daily for" 1Password For" but his message has a different title "1Password for Mac Support" so I did not see it

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2019
    Options

Great! Thanks for the update @barbpassman. Please reach out to Lars via email if you need further assistance with this. :)

Ben

• barbpassman
    barbpassman
    Community Member
    Options

I think the problem is gone! No more popups-Thank you ALL!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@barbpassman - excellent! Between Ben and myself, I'm glad we were able to assist. :)

This discussion has been closed.