Can't install 1Password 7 - installer allows quit of 1Password 6 but NOT 1Password Mini.

Options
fitseniorgal911
fitseniorgal911
Community Member

I have used 1Password since 2010. My current version is 1Password v.6.8.9. I just tried to install 1Password 7 by downloading the installer to my Mac (running High Sierra 10.13.6). But the Installer won't let me get past the "Quit 1 Password" window. It will allow me to quit 1Password6 but it will NOT quit 1Password Mini. So I cannot proceed with the installation of 1Password 7. PLEASE HELP.
NOTE: I can't find the version or any evidence of 1Password Extension in my Safari Preferences Extensions window. It is gone...

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.13.6
Sync Type: Cloud (I think(
Referrer: forum-search:Can't install 1Password 7 - installer allows quit of 1Password 6 but NOT 1Password Mini.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@fitseniorgal911: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble. It sounds like macOS isn't killing all of 1Password's processes when you tell it to for some reason. What you can do is try quitting manually -- Command Option Control Q -- or drag the app to the Trash and reboot. Then you definitely won't have the old version running when installing the new one.

Regarding Safari, Apple has discontinued the old extensions completely, so old versions of 1Password can no longer work with Safari. The new Safari App Extension is built into 1Password 7. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• fitseniorgal911
    fitseniorgal911
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your help. All is OK now. I've downloaded 7 OK.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome! Let me know if you have any other questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.