iOS app v7.4 no longer has the Touch ID option on iPhone 8 running 12.4.1

Options
theschles
theschles
Community Member

Hi there, I used to have a Touch ID option in my 1Password iOS app (have been running 12.4.1 for some time now)...but now when I open the 1Password iOS app, there's no fingerprint icon on the initial screen to select to choose Touch ID as my authentication method -- nor is Touch ID a configuration option in Settings > Security. HELP???

1Password Version: 7.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.4.1
Sync Type: Dropbox, 1Password Family Account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @theschles!

Is TouchID enabled in the iOS Settings?

• theschles
    theschles
    Community Member
    Options

Touch ID is enabled in iOS Settings and it works just fine for other apps

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@theschles: Then something is damaged on your device, because 1Password is not getting the signal from iOS that there are biometrics available. I'd first try restarting the device, and then, if you're having the same problem, you can try the following (order depending on your preference as far as level of hassle for you):

• Make sure you have a backup of all your 1Password data elsewhere, and reinstall the app
    • Remove fingerprints and disable Touch ID completely in iOS Settings, restart and set it up again
    • Hang in there a bit and see if updating iOS helps -- 13.0 is out now, and I haven't had problems with it, but with 13.1 coming in a few days I'd say just wait for that

Either way, let me know how it goes. :)

This discussion has been closed.