How to login on new iphone

Options
ckp
ckp
Community Member

I've been using my 1p account and app on my iphone for a while with no issue. I jsut upgraded my iphone to a new iphone (ios 12.4.1).
When I launch the 1p app it wants my password. I use the same password that works on my old iphoen and on my 1p web login with computer browsers and it never accepts it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ckp
    ckp
    Community Member
    Options

nevermind. after deleting the app and reinstalling it launches liek a first time launch now, letting me choose things like , already using 1password.com. now it works. i guess when you first install it after changing phones, it must have transferred some 1p app settings during the iphone data transfer causing a problem. then deleting the whole app seemed to set it back to first time launch type of state

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ckp: Yes, I think you're right. It hasn't happened to me specifically with 1Password, but it has others, and I've seen it with other apps: restoring from an iOS device backup sometimes doesn't restore everything exactly as expected, and that can leave things in a weird state. I'm glad that you were able to sort it out though. Thanks for the update!

This discussion has been closed.