iPhone app not syncing to new upgraded 1Password 7

Options
billpeet
billpeet
Community Member

I've had 1Password 6, but got 1Password 7 today on my iMac. The iOS app on my iPhone doesn't seem to be syncing with it (I changed an entry on my iMac, but that entry does not update in the iOS app after syncing). I suspect it is perhaps still syncing to version 6? How do I have the iPhone app sync up to 1Password 7?

Note: I use Dropbox for syncing.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.14.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @billpeet!

Is sync through Dropbox enabled in your 1Password 7 for Mac app? You can check this under 1Password Preferences > Sync tab > Primary vault.

• billpeet
    billpeet
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply. I'm looking at the preferences window for 1Password 7, and not seeing a Sync tab. Could you tell me where it is? Here is an image:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@billpeet: You won't have any Sync tab in Preferences or sync settings at all if you've setup the app with a 1Password membership account. I'd recommend using that, but it will only really help you if you setup all of your devices to use it. Otherwise they won't be in sync with each other. The membership includes all of the apps, so you wouldn't have to buy each version separately, like 1Password for Mac version 7. Is that what you'd like to use going forward?

• fireproofsocks
    fireproofsocks
    Community Member
    Options

I don't think this answered the question. If you've upgraded from older versions of 1Password or done whatever, there is no sync menu. So how do you update the 1Password iPhone app so it syncs with the 1Password app installed on my desktop and laptop computers?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I don't think this answered the question.

@fireproofsocks: I'll let the person who asked the question a month ago be the judge of that. But I'm happy to answer yours too. ;)

If you've upgraded from older versions of 1Password or done whatever, there is no sync menu.

That's not accurate. The Sync settings are simply not available if you're using a 1Password membership account, as they are not at all relevant in that case. They apply only to local vaults, so if you were using local vaults after upgrading you would have that.

So how do you update the 1Password iPhone app so it syncs with the 1Password app installed on my desktop and laptop computers?

If you're using a 1Password membership, and you've migrated your data to the account (you can check that by signing in at https://start.1password.com in your web browser), then you simply need to follow the instructions to "Set up your other devices" at the end of the migration guide to do that there. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.