Sync Problem after Upgrading

Options
jhall4945
jhall4945
Community Member

Yesterday I upgraded from 1Password6 to 1Password7, membership, etc. I was syncing with Dropbox but I'm not sure if that is still functioning or if that is still the preferred way of syncing. I have a mac and two iOS devices (iPhone & iPad). I can't find sync settings on my mac anymore. My iPhone and iPad now have two of everything. My iPhone and iPad still seem to be syncing with each other, but nothing created on my iPhone or iPad syncs back to my mac. However, if I create a login on my mac it will sync to my iPhone and iPad (not double). How can I eliminate the doubles on my iOS devices and set up syncing so that it works?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Dropbox?

Comments

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member
    Options

@jhall4945 First, Make sure you have your Emergency Kit saved--print it out. Next, go to you website signin page for 1password and insure that all your passwords are there. If they are, go to each of your iOS devices and delete the 1Password App. Scary, I know, but all your data is now in the 1Password cloud. Download 1Password from the App Store and sign in to your new subscription account. You should now have 1 copy of each of your 1Password items on each of your devices. hth

• jhall4945
    jhall4945
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you! That solved the problem. Just one other thing, am I correct that I am no longer using Dropbox to sync? I'm guessing that a membership has built-in syncing. Is that correct? If so, can I just delete the 1Password file in my Dropbox?

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member
    Options

@jhall4945 Not using Dropbox=Correct. Built-in Sync=Correct. Delete from Dropbox= Let's wait for an official Agilebits employee to make that call. (No harm in waiting.)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@vplewis: Thanks for the assist! :)

@jhall4945: If you have all of your 1Password data in your account (can be confirmed easily by signing into https://start.1password.com in a web browser), then you no longer need to use Dropbox to sync local vaults (whether and when you delete the file is up to you; it will not affect your use of 1Password unless you open it in the app again), and can just setup all your devices with only your account so they all have the same data going forward:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

And having your Emergency Kit allows you to get your data back even if all your devices are lost, stolen, or destroyed, just by signing back into your account. Peace of mind. :sunglasses:

• jhall4945
    jhall4945
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you! Everything seems to be working well.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome! Glad to hear it. If you need anything else, we're here for you. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.