Can’t make 1PASSWORD work

SethRothberg
SethRothberg
Community Member

I’m very frustrated. Set up my account yesterday. Thought I’d test it out by using it to change my Amazon password with Safari on my iPad. This is what happened: I went to Amazon settings. Chose the change password options. Filled in my current password. Selected the field for my new password. Asked 1PASSWORD to fill it in. 1PASSWORD filled in the current password field with a new password and saved the result to itself. Several attempts resulted in several undeletable 1PASSWORD logins for Amazon, none of which work.

On top of that, I tried to be helpful by filling in my 1P version. So I tapped the “How to find 1PASSWORD version?” link. It took me to the instructions for doing that. Unfortunately, I could find no way back to my long, detailed, question on my failure to make 1P work. So this is my second attempt to submit a question for help, this time without trying to give you any additional info.

Very frustrated.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• SethRothberg
    SethRothberg
    Community Member

Ok. I finally managed to change my Amazon password, but now my Alexa app won’t load on my iPad. I get an unhelpful error message and it tells me, incorrectly, that I have no internet connection. Frustration increasing. I’m not sure why I should continue using 1Password.

• SethRothberg
    SethRothberg
    Community Member

P.S. I’ve got the latest IOS and 1Password.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @SethRothberg!

I finally managed to change my Amazon password, but now my Alexa app won’t load on my iPad. I get an unhelpful error message and it tells me, incorrectly, that I have no internet connection.

So this is a problem with the Alexa app, correct?

• SethRothberg
    SethRothberg
    Community Member

No, it’s a problem with me trying to understand how 1Password works. I think I’ve got things figured out a little better now. At least I finally managed to log into Alexa using 1Password.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@SethRothberg:

Ah I see, thank you for the update! Please let us know if you get stuck anywhere else specifically, and we will be happy to help you get up and running with 1Password :)

• Steindak
    Steindak
    Community Member

I would like to know what @SethRothberg did to fix the problem because I had the exact same problem. It is also the same problem I have with other sites: Google, PayPal

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Steindak: I'm really not sure, but if you can elaborate on what you're having trouble with maybe I can suggest something. :)

• Steindak
    Steindak
    Community Member

At web pages that require me to enter both the old password, the new password and to confirm the new password, when I use 1Password to generate and fill a new password, it replaces the old password I entered and leaves the new ones blank. This happened with PayPal, Amazon and google.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Steindak: It would be helpful to know the exact steps you're taking, and the URL where you're having trouble. And, perhaps more importantly, are you actually using the 1Password extension to do this, or are you using iOS Password Autofill? We only have control over the former, not the latter.

This discussion has been closed.