How do I get 1Password6 extension for Safari 13 back after deleting 1Password7 ?

shigura
shigura
Community Member
edited September 2019 in Mac

I downloaded 1Password 7 before I appreciated the pricing structure and decided to continue with 1Password 6. I moved 1Password 7 to trash on my iMac. I deleted the 1Password 7 extension on Safari 13 and now cannot find how to reinstall the 1Password 6 extension. Help for a near novice would be appreciated.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os x 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:How do get 1Password6 extension for Safari 13 back after deleting 1Password7 ?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @shigura! You cannot install the .safariextz style of 1Password extension used by 1Password 6 for Mac into Safari 13. We explain the reasons for that in this blog post, but briefly, it has to do with Apple having changed the format of Safari's extensions. The new version (Safari App Extensions) were not used by 1Password 6 for Mac because Apple hadn't invented them yet while version 6 was current, and as of Safari 13, you can no longer install the older-style extensions.

If you've already upgraded to Safari 13 on your Mac, then I'm afraid this is a one-way trip, as Apple no longer provides separate downloads of Safari for users to (un)install at will. Unless you have older bootable backups of your system from before you upgraded to Safari 13, there's no way to "revert" to Safari 12 or earlier. If that's the case, you can either switch to a different browser (Chrome and Firefox both still use the companion extension, as well as several Chrome variants like Brave and Vivaldi), or you can upgrade to 1Password 7 for Mac, which contains the newer style of Safari extension. Let me know if you have any questions.

• shigura
    shigura
    Community Member

Thank you. I think I will switch to Chrome whilst I re-address the pricing structures for 1P7. Is the standalone license still available at the discounted price?

• As of writing it is, yes. I couldn't say for how long that'll be true. The sale was initially supposed to be for a couple weeks, but has extended for some time now. As such I wouldn't be surprised if it ended at any time.

Ben

• gogogut
    gogogut
    Community Member

where do you find the discounted standalone license price?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@gogogut:

After downloading 1Password 7 from our website, you will be prompted to purchase a license within the app :)

This discussion has been closed.