Multiple users on one computer

Options
2»

Comments

• SMkruger
    SMkruger
    Community Member
    Options

OK, good. I found it interesting that I did have to use the emergency kit info under both logins to get it to open, but I think this is a fine set up. I've got 1Password on my iMac, iPhone and iPad as well (she does too, I just need to get her to use it), so I'm liking the family plan.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SMkruger: Glad to hear it! In macOS, for the most part, the same app running under different user accounts has completely separate data, stored in each user's ~/Library/Application Support/ -- so for all intents and purposes the app has no sense at all for another user's setup when it's running under yours. So it's expected that you'll each have to setup the app with your own account. That's good, or we'd all be sharing not only 1Password data, but also wallpaper, bookmarks, iTunes libraries, and who-knows-what-else with our whole family. ;)

• hadouma
    hadouma
    Community Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

Funny enough I would like the opposite feature: use the same 1P app with separate vaults for separate accounts on the same Mac. My wife and I use the same Mac, but each have our own OS account and our own 1P vault. We have both been using 1P up till 1P6 this way and it worked perfectly. Since 1P7 I understand this structure is no longer possible and I would have to buy two licenses. So this is a major diversion from the way 1P has been working so far.

• Hi @hadouma

Thanks for the feedback. Licenses have always been sold on a per-person, per-platform, and per-version basis. We did previously offer family licenses, which allowed multiple people within the same household to use 1Password. We no longer sell licenses in that way (this is the only change in this regard). 1Password Families membership does allow for what you're describing, as would multiple licenses. 1Password Families allows up to 5 family members to share a membership, each with their own 1Password data.

1Password Families

Ben

This discussion has been closed.