Keyboard does not work when creating new logins and crashes [resolved with 7.4.2 on iOS 13.1.2]

Options

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2019
    Options

Hi everyone,

I just got an update from our QA team. Development is working hard to resolve this issue. If you do get a prompt from iOS to send a crash report, please do so. Otherwise, at this point, we do not need further reports (e.g. diagnostic reports). Thank you for your patience while we get this sorted out.

Ben

ref: dev/apple/issues#4226

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2019
    Options

Update 2019-10-04

We've released v7.4.2 of 1Password for iOS which should resolve this issue. If you're having trouble please install v7.4.2 from the App Store:

1Password for iOS on the App Store

PREVIOUS UPDATES

Update 2019-09-25

Another update (and a workaround!):

In the Settings App, in Display & Brightness, set the text size back to the middle position. Then you should be able to create the login. We're working on a fix for the next update. Also, it appears this only affects phones with a "notch" (the space at the top of the screen for the front facing camera). If you are experiencing issues with other devices (e.g. iPads or previous-gen iPhones) that may be a separate issue.

Update 2019-09-27

We have a fix for this available in the latest public beta. If you'd like to try the beta and confirm if it resolves the issue for you, you can learn about joining the beta program here:

Joining the 1Password for iOS Beta — 1Password Forum

Thank you.

Ben

• Tribruin
    Tribruin
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben, just tested the workaround with iPhone 11 (iOS 13.1) and was able to create a Login from the 1Password App. Thanks for keeping up on this bug and providing a workaround.

• Thanks for the update @Tribruin. Glad to hear the workaround works for you, at least until we can release an update addressing the root of the problem.

Ben

• RobTX
    RobTX
    Community Member
    Options

You guys rock, @Ben ! Great customer support. No wonder we love y’all. 👏👏👏

• Thanks so much for the kind words, @RobTX! :)

Ben

• trh98
    trh98
    Community Member
    Options

I can also confirm that the text size workaround works! Thanks so much! At least I can make new logins until a fix is implemented.

• You're very welcome @trh98. :)

Ben

• jareha
    jareha
    Community Member
    Options

Text size workaround works for me too. (iPhone X here, so my phone has a notch.)

• Thanks for the update @jareha. I'm glad to hear that works for now. :)

Ben

• RobTX
    RobTX
    Community Member
    Options

@Slobie Taboobie Did you try the fix mentioned above?

• roger199
    roger199
    Community Member
    Options

Adjusting the text size works for me on my iPhone 11 Pro Max iOS 13.1 1Password 7.4.1 ... I'm glad I read through the thread, I wasn't going too but luckily for me I did. Thank you support for your communication. Cheers.

• kristamonroe
    kristamonroe
    Community Member
    Options

Hello.

My iPhone X is on 13.0 (17A577) and running 1Password 7.4.1. I am experiencing the same issue as described where I cannot add a new login in the app (I can add everything else). The app doesn’t crash so I can’t send a report. It just freezes. I have to manually shut it from running in the background. The workaround advised above does not work for me. My text was size already in the middle. I tried moving the side up and down. I have tried all the different text sizes with no improvement. Please advise.

• playskool
    playskool
    Community Member
    Options

Text size adjustment worked for me, but only at the notch to the left of the middle (smaller). Middle notch failed.

• Thanks for the updates everyone.

@kristamonroe Could you please try setting the text size to one smaller than the middle, reboot your device, and then see if the issue persists?

Ben

• kristamonroe
    kristamonroe
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, the workaround worked but I can’t keep the text this small to use the app. Any ETA on a permanent fix?

• Yes, the workaround worked but I can’t keep the text this small to use the app

Does setting the text back to the middle cause the issue to recur?

Any ETA on a permanent fix?

As soon as we can possibly get it out the door. :+1:

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We're on it! :) :+1:

• wavesound
    wavesound
    Community Member
    Options

I’m seeing the same behavior on my XS Max.

• wavesound
    wavesound
    Community Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

• whisky
    whisky
    Community Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

I have the same issues with iphone 7 plus no “notch”, iOS 13.1, all apps are updated and using Apple stock keyboard. I tried to change text size to default but it does not fixed. Then I tried to switch to Standalone vault and this problem fixed. Please repair it soon.

Edit: there is also no crash report after restart 1password.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @whisky! We will get this sorted as soon as possible :)

And welcome to the forum!

• stephenwb
    stephenwb
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben @brenty
    I am having this problem with a non-notch iPhone (iPhone 8 Plus). I am also happy to report that the workaround of moving the text size back one notch smaller, to the middle setting, works for me to allow creating a new Login item. Similarly to @Slobie Taboobie, my close-up vision is not what it used to be when I was young and I would prefer to have the larger text size. What is the best way for me to get notified when there is a fix available? I've been trying to monitor this thread by checking daily, but that's not really an ideal method for me.

• dacostad
    dacostad
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here on both my wife’s and my iPhone Pro Max running iOS 13. Try to add a new loving and 1Password freezes followed by a crash. No prompt on reopening to sen error log file. Adding to other categories seem to work okay.

• @stephenwb

Unfortunately I'm not aware of a reliable way to be notified of updates to a specific iOS app.

@dacostad

Please see the latest update and workaround posted here:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/526258/#Comment_526258

Ben

• Hi all,

We have a fix for this available in the latest public beta. If you'd like to try the beta and confirm if it resolves the issue for you, you can learn about joining the beta program here:

Joining the 1Password for iOS Beta — 1Password Forum

Thanks!

Ben

• sundaramsarv
    sundaramsarv
    Community Member
    Options

The workaround proposed works for me, when I set the text size 1 left to the middle on iPhone X, just updated to 13.1.1 & have no issues with this workaround :)

Thankful that I came here, since I’ve been struggling to sync my new login’s.

This discussion has been closed.