I can't autofill in Chrome (Android)

hansollkim
hansollkim
Community Member

I can't use autofill in Chrome for Android. Some sites are works, but many aren't. I double-checked Autofill and Accessibility settings and re-installed 1Password. In your support document, it said it may be a problem of site URL, so I entered the site URL, but not helped. On the other side, Firefox seems to works well. Please help.

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 9.0
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Chrome Android

Comments

• hansollkim
    hansollkim
    Community Member

I found that some other problem beside of this error.

• I can't use 1Password in Samsung Internet at all
    • In Firefox and some supported apps, Fill with 1Password popup displays in Password window, not username window. Even I manage to open the popup, username not filled in.
  • Hi @hansollkim, thanks for getting in touch :smile:

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with filling in Chrome, if you're happy to share, could you tell me the addresses of the sites that you've found aren't working in Chrome?

Chrome and Firefox use different filling methods, which is likely why you've had different results in the two browsers (Chrome is using Accessibility, while Firefox uses Autofill), however I'm afraid that the Samsung browser isn't currently compatible with either of these filling methods.

It would also be useful for us to know which apps and sites in Firefox you've had trouble with.

• hansollkim
    hansollkim
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

Awfully, I’m having trouble to sign in Gmail. And so many to address... and many many of apps especially local one(S. Korean apps).

• hansollkim
    hansollkim
    Community Member

I'm a really awkward situation, I really wish give you more information, such as which site is work or not. But too many sites include Korean sites and apps, I can't recall it all.

• I can appreciate that, if you'd like to do this over email instead of in the forum, then please send a message in to support+android@1password.com.

Let me know here when you've done that and I'll keep an eye out for you in the inbox :)

This discussion has been closed.