1Password 7 doesn't show a login for my current Safari site or auto-fill on the Safari mini window

jhallettbc
jhallettbc
Community Member

I read the other discussion about this but in my case the mini window won't even show the login info for the site I've chosen in Safari. It was doing that on my iMac at home but when I downloaded 1P 7 for this Mac Air today it prompted me to convert my vault in Dropbox and now all I get is a mini window with my favourites. It seems changing the vault screwed things up.
John

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @jhallettbc! I'm sorry for the confusion. It wasn't upgrading your Dropbox keychain from Agile Keychain to OPVault that's causing this issue, it's that in 1Password 7 for Mac, the mini has some options that 1Password 6 for Mac didn't. Click 1Password > Preferences > Mini, and you'll see the option to set what the mini opens to. Your options are:

• Suggestions
    • Favorites
    • All Items

Sounds like you might have yours set to Favorites. Try setting it to Suggestions and see if that makes it behave more like you were expecting. :)

• jhallettbc
    jhallettbc
    Community Member

Great, that restored the correct login to match the website in Safari. However now I have the same problem listed in a former post. In the mini window, there is no command for auto-fill no I can I see anything that says Go. At this point I can only manually copy both the username and then password. I'm sure this is another simple fix but beyond my understanding.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jhallettbc - have you either purchased a standalone license for 1Password 7 for Mac or signed into the app with a 1Password membership?

• jhallettbc
    jhallettbc
    Community Member

I had already figured out the problem. I bought my standalone licence back in 2013. So I'm forced to buy the monthly subscription for my needs. Somewhat annoying with many internet services going to monthly subscriptions obviously to generate more revenue.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jhallettbc - you're not forced to subscribe to a 1Password membership/account if you don't want to, though that is definitely our recommendation for many reasons. Having said that, if you're certain you don't want to do that, you can click the Read Only badge that you'll see in all your items in the main 1Password window (not the mini/extension), and that will bring up the Purchase Options screen. From there, you can choose to purchase a standalone license for 1Password 7 for Mac, like this:

Standalone licenses are currently on sale for $49.99, over 23% off the regular retail price of $64.99 -- though I couldn't say for how much longer that might be the case.

For what it's worth, we haven't created the subscription option "to generate more revenue." We could have never developed 1Password accounts and just sold license upgrades for version 7 and that would've generated plenty of revenue. We created 1password.com accounts for the reasons listed in the above link (and others) -- but the pricing is actually quite comparable. An individual 1Password membership is $35.88USD/yr when paid annually (works out to $2.99/mo). With a license being $64.99, that would mean if we release new versions 22 months or more apart, a license would be the better value, but anything less actually makes the subscription a better value. And if you have family members who all want to use 1Password, the math gets even more lopsided. Each person needs his or her own standalone license, but a 1Password Families membership is only $59.88/yr ($4.99/mo). Just something to think about as you decide how to pay for 1Password going forward. Let us know if you have any questions! :)

• jhallettbc
    jhallettbc
    Community Member

Unfortunately you got my built up annoyance about the number of apps and services that are starting to charge monthly fees. It is amazing how it starts to add up. Sorry about taking it out on you. I wasn't "forced" to subscribe but the reality is that to continue with the features I was used to and having two users in the family, I had no choice but to go to the monthly plan.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jhallettbc:

No need to apologize :) You could technically use two separate standalone licenses, but with multiple users a 1Password Families account becomes cheaper and includes more features, so that option might not really be worth it unless you really want it.

This discussion has been closed.