Can I add an image/logo to an Item in 1password by cli?

MajoMichel
MajoMichel
Community Member

Hi everyone!
I am new with 1pass and although I have been able to follow the steps of the guides and tips of the forums, I have not found a way to upload an image or logo for the items that I create by cli, is there any way?
Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:add a logo to an item in 1password by cli

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @MajoMichel! If you're using the CLI to upload items, but you want to add icons/images for them in 1Password 7 for Mac after they're created, you can click the Edit button on the item in the main 1Password window (not the mini/extension), then double-click the icon panel, which should bring up the image picker. You can then drag/drop any image you want onto it, and click Save. There's even an option to engage your Mac's camera and make the icon an image of your smiling face. ;-) Hope that helps!

• MajoMichel
    MajoMichel
    Community Member

Hi Lars,
    Thank you for your response, what I am trying to do is upload an icon with 1Password command-line tool (OP), I followed this guide https://support.1password.com/command-line/ and I was able to list items, get the passwords, create an Item with an specific vault, username, password, url but I didn't found the way to add images..

• Thanks for clarifying, @MajoMichel. I've moved your thread over to the CLI category of the forum from the Mac category. I'll ask our CLI team to chime in here.

Ben

• cohix
    cohix
    1Password Alumni

@MajoMichel Unfortunately it is not currently possible to add an icon to an item using the CLI. It is however possible to create a document item with the CLI using the op create document command, and uploading an image is a perfectly reasonable thing to do with a document item!

• MajoMichel
    MajoMichel
    Community Member

Thanks Ben for change my question to the right category :)
    Great @cohix, I will try that option!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1: Glad we were able to tag-team assist you, @MajoMichel!

This discussion has been closed.