Submit when enabled means what?

Options

What are the functions of the field: submit when enabled or never submit or always submit? Which is the right choice in what circumstance? I'm new to 1password and I'm entering all my existing logins.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:submit when enabled

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jgreco!

Can you please post a screenshot of where you are seeing this?

• jgreco8054
    jgreco8054
    Community Member
    Options

The attached image is of the 1Password page where you edit a Login.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jgreco:

Thank you! Submit when enabled means that this login will follow your general 1Password settings when it comes to submitting data (in other words, it will do what you have configured under your 1Password settings when it comes to submitting items).

Always submit and Never submit override the general 1Password setting for this specific item instead.

I hope this helps!

• jgreco8054
    jgreco8054
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you ag_aba. MTFBWYA

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• Chris_Lawley
    Chris_Lawley
    Community Member
    Options

Hi ag_ana,

You mention there are 1Password settings for submitting data

I can't spot them.
    I'm using Windows 7 and the very latest 1P and 1PX with Firefox

chris :-)

• Hey Chris (@Chris_Lawley)! Welcome to the forum. :smile: 1Password X does not currently have an autosubmit feature — the easiest thing to do would be to hit the enter key once your credentials have been filled, which will submit for you (this is what the autosubmit feature is doing in our older extension: emulating a keystroke). I hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

• Chris_Lawley
    Chris_Lawley
    Community Member
    Options

Ah Ha. As I suspected
    Thanks.

Related but slightly OT - as a newish user and reasonably competent IT person, it seems to me that somwone should go update the documentation a bit.

In the meantime I am enjoying using 1Password, it works well

chris :-)

• Hey Chris — which documentation do you feel warrants updating, and in what way(s)?

This discussion has been closed.