all my logins are in a vault called "on my MAC primary". How can I share them on a family plan?

phylgut
phylgut
Community Member
edited September 2019 in Families

I have 3 vaults on my Mac called : Primary on my Mac, Personal and Shared. All my logins are in the vault titled Primary on my Mac. The other 2 vaults have no logins. I jut signed up for the Family plan and want to share all my logins with one family member who I "invited" and authorized him to share with me. He now has his own KEY and can open 1password on his windows laptop but my logins do not show . What can I do?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: ?
Referrer: forum-search:all my logins are in a vault called "on my MAC primary". How can I share them on a family plan?

Comments

• phylgut
    phylgut
    Community Member

I am not good at posting questions. Am I going to get an answer to my detailed question ?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @phylgut! Welcome to the forum!

If you invited the other member to the Families account already, and you want to share all your passwords with them, you need to move them from the Primary vault to the Shared vault. Here is a guide on how to move items from one vault to another :)

• phylgut
    phylgut
    Community Member

ag..ana THANK YOU! It worked. And thank you for your speedy reply.

• phylgut
    phylgut
    Community Member

hi again-- although I moved all passwords into the shared account, it will open and fill logins when I use my 1password sign-in but it will only open the website when my huband uses his 1password sign-in. I don't know if it matters that I use Safari on MacBook Air and he uses Edge in Windows 10 on Surface pro 4.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@phylgut:

The browser will not matter in this case. Do you get an error message when you try to login to your account on 1Password.com in a browser? Or does something else happen instead?

• phylgut
    phylgut
    Community Member

I don't get an error message when I try to log in on in either browser or either MacBook Air of Surface Pro laptop. 1password opens + works successfully with my login using my MacBook Air (ie, it opens the desired website and fills in the Login ID and password when I choose the option "Open and Fill"). When I sign-in to 1password using my husband's log-in on MacBook Air the only choice is "Open" or "Copy" and on Surface Pro laptop, the choice is either "Copy" or "Open and Fill". However, when I choose "Open and Fill", the website is opened but the ID and Password is NOT filled in.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@phylgut:

Have you installed the 1Password browser extension in both accounts? When you login with your husband's login on the MacBook Air, can you see the 1Password browser extension in the browser too?

• phylgut
    phylgut
    Community Member

I had already installed the 1Password browser extension on both my husband's account and mine on Mabbook Air and I can see that extension

• @phylgut

Could you please let me know what the version of the extension in your husband's Edge installation is?

Ben

• phylgut
    phylgut
    Community Member

My husband's Edge Password Extension is version 7.2.583 installed 9/22/18

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@phylgut: Thanks for the info! In Edge, if you press Ctrl \ or click the toolbar icon when you're on a login page, does that fill?

• phylgut
    phylgut
    Community Member

I'm not sure I understand . I pressed Ctrl \ when I was at the 1password login site to no avail. I also clicked the 1password toolbar icon when I was on a login page but that did not do anything either

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@phylgut: Thanks for confirming. It sounds like something is hung up in Edge. There is a way to work around that, but it's kind of annoying, so I'd actually recommend using a different browser -- at least until Microsoft finishes their new Edge browser, which is based on Chrome; you could use Chrome, Firefox, Brave, or a number of others in the mean time. Otherwise, you should be able to get Edge unstuck by quitting Edge and 1Password, bringing up Task Manager and killing any Edge and 1Password processes you see there, and then relaunching 1Password and Edge. Then the keyboard and mouse should respond when you try to use the extension in Edge.

This discussion has been closed.