Change from 1Password membership to sync via Dropbox

Options
David_Hamburg
David_Hamburg
Community Member

Hello!

I might make the 1Password team angry. But I would like to give the sync via Dropbox a try. So far I have been using the sync via 1password membership.

I wanted to set up the dropbox sync for a test. But if I look into my preferences I don't see all the icons which are shown in the screenshot in https://support.1password.com/sync-with-dropbox/. The row of icons ends with Browsers. No Sync, Wi-Fi Server, Backup or Updates. And without the Button for sync I don't understand how to set up the Dropbox sync.

What does it mean? As long as my membership is active I can't test the sync via dropbox for a while? Or what do I do wrong?

1Password Version: 7.3.2 (Mac App Store)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @David_Hamburg!

You can certainly sync data via Dropbox even with a Membership. The option is simply disabled by default because sync is automatic through 1Password.com so there is no need to configure an additional sync method.

If you want to give this a try, open 1Password Preferences > Advanced tab and enable the option named Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts.

• David_Hamburg
    David_Hamburg
    Community Member
    Options

Perfect. I found it. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad Ana was able to help. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.