To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Determining Account Level - Emergency Kit

Options
dacuratola
dacuratola
Community Member

I am trying to help a client add '1Password' to a new Macbook she owns.

She currently has 1PasswordMini installed on two working Macs . There is no problem there.

Our problem is we are unable to find 'SecretKey'. We are also unable to find 'EmergencyKit' .

Question1 - Does every account have these two items?
Question2 - Do I need that in order to install 1PasswordMini ?
Question2 - Can I determine what account type (family/business/etc) she may be signed up for?
Quesion4 - Is it possible to get another EmergencyKit created, or sent to us.

We have the username (email) and masterpassword. That's not an issue.

Thanks,
Dominick

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OX 10.13
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @dacuratola

All 1Password.com subscription memberships do have a Secret Key, and have an Emergency Kit available to them. The current sign-up process forces you to download the Emergency Kit before you can proceed, but this was not always true, so it is possible that your client has a membership but does not have a copy of their Emergency Kit.

If they do not have a subscription membership (i.e. if they bought a license for a version of 1Password for Mac) then they wouldn't have a Secret Key or an Emergency Kit.

Can I determine what account type (family/business/etc) she may be signed up for?

They should have an email from us when they signed up for their membership or purchased their license... Alternatively if they have a membership and aren't certain which tier of membership they have following the prompts on this page may help:

https://my.1password.com/support

Is it possible to get another EmergencyKit created, or sent to us.

We don't have access to the Secret Key. As such we are unable to provide it, in an Emergency Kit or otherwise. The Emergency Kit is generated by the web app running within the customer's web browser. The key is never sent to 1Password.com. We have a guide highlighting the various locations you might be able to find the Secret Key here:

https://support.1password.com/secret-key/

Does that help? Please let me know.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.