1Password X and Desktop App BETA Integration on PC?

Hello! Just curious about the roadmap for app/extension integration BETAs on PC now that you have them on Macs?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlynkaitlyn

Team Member

Hi @pilotboy172! That's a good question. We're still ironing out some kinks on the macOS side of things, and I'd expect us to begin working on Windows once we've got those resolved. As far as a timeline goes, I wouldn't be able to provide even an accurate estimate since it's hard to tell how long the remaining issues will take along with what else we'll come across while we're still testing. Be patient with us, and keep checking back! :chuffed:

• Yep can't wait till this is available on Windows

• YaronYaron

Team Member

We all can't wait!
    Hopefully this will happen soon enough. :chuffed:

• dtearedteare Agile Founder

Team Member

I want this, too! 🙂

I have no ETA or dates to share but I will say that this feature is at the forefronts of our minds. I'd hope you'll be able to test this in a beta before the end of (North American) summer, but summer is disappearing fast! So it may be the fall before you are able to play. Either way, we're working on it and hope to be able to share more soon.

Thank you for reminding us how awesome this feature is and to keep us moving forward on it. 😘

++dave;

• I'm really looking forward to this too! 1password x is just so much more beautiful and user friendly to use in-browser than the old extension :p

• kaitlynkaitlyn

Team Member

That's lovely to hear, @TheDoctor40! I'm glad to know you're excited as well. ❤️

• Here it is October. Any update on this? Will we see this beta feature in 2019?

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hey @chumsky.

We don't have any sort of a timeline to share. We're just as anxious and excited as anyone else to have it though. :)

Ben

• I'm hanging out for when I can integrate with Windows 1Password app on my work notebook, and then use it standalone in my Linux browser at home :)

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Thank you for letting us know! :+1: :)

• with all the delays and no timelines, it's crazy that it's looking like it'll be at least a year between this feature going into beta for osx and going to beta for windows, didn't know 1password thinks of windows customers as lesser valued than mac customers, will have to take that into consideration in the future

• YaronYaron

Team Member

Hey @gord ,
    1Password originally started in Apple's ecosystem over a decade ago as a Mac app, then an iPhone app and from there it evolved and expanded to other platforms. There are quite a few differences between the Mac app and the Windows app, which we are currently working on. Our goal now is to make 1Password identical on all platforms, but it takes time since the operating systems are so different, there are a lot of obstacles in the way.

Once we achieve that unified version on all platforms, future features will always be released simultaneously and no app will be left behind due to the platform it is on. We all hope this will happen soon, but we never share dates or deadlines since we rather work and have a finished product than a rushed version just to keep our deadline and word :)

• Second class customers who pay the same price until further notice, without any transparency on when this will end, 👌 got it. could be next year, could be the year after, who knows

• YaronYaron

Team Member

Hey @gord,
    As I mentioned earlier, we're working on making the 1Password experience identical on all platforms, which will take a bit of time, and no I do not have a timeline or deadline to share so we all can just sit back and enjoy the ride for now :)

If there's anything I can help you with until that happens, please do let me know, I'll be happy to help.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file