1 Password X grouping Logins by Tags and restricting searches to find only Logins

Hi,
1) In 1 Password X, I believe that the ability to see Logins grouped by Tags will be made available, as it was in the old Extension Look?
2) So without 1) I use Search to find the Login I'm looking for. But is there any way to do a search which only shows Logins? At the moment I often have to scroll past numerous passwords to find the Login I'm looking for. Can I just retrieve Logins?
3) What are these passwords? I see them under the Passwords Items, but I'm not aware that I ever created them. And I never consciously used them. Can they be safely deleted, or are they somehow linked to Logins?
Thanks very much

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 116.2
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: No idea

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@johnroperlindsay: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! The desktop apps save Password items when you use a generated password as a safety net to help you avoid getting locked out of an account when changing the password. If you have since saved a working Login item with your account credentials, you can safely delete any superfluous Password items. There isn't a way in 1Password X currently to do an advanced search like that, or specifically view tags (though you can search for them), but those are features we'd like to add in a future version. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• johnroperlindsay
    johnroperlindsay
    Community Member

Thanks @brenty. I've learnt something new and deleted all those Passwords, so that looks better. My wishlist would include a view grouping by tags, just as you can do in the Desktop App and my.1password.com browser view. But being able to search by Tag (another thing I didn't know) does help. Thanks for your help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! Glad that helped. We're working toward adding more tag and advanced features to 1Password X as well. Thanks for your feedback! :chuffed:

• BertSP
    BertSP
    Community Member

New user to 1Pass, spent lot of time setting up the desktop app after import and was disappointed to not find Tags on the X Extension. My vote for getting it in soon.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @BertSP! Just in case you didn't catch it already, you can search tags in 1Password X by typing the tag name in the search bar. As Brenty mentioned, we're working toward improving that experience even further. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. :)

This discussion has been closed.