email notifications not working

2»

Comments

• Thanks for the report @tetardbleu. We'll investigate.

Ben

• camner
    camner
    Community Member

FWIW, I only receive email notifications for the initial response to a new post. After that, zilch. My email address is at my own domain, run through mail servers at Fastmail. I also have auto forwarding of all emails to a gmail address, and this is done at the mail server level, BEFORE spam filtering is applied. I have checked the gmail spam folder as well as the spam folders at Fastmail.

My only work around is to keep a browser window open to the forum thread page and then refresh it once a day to see if I received a reply. That works fine for threads I start, but it is a pain when I'm trying to follow a number of threads.

I have no idea if this is what's going on, but I know that most forum software only sends a notification email once, no matter how many thread replies are posted, until the user has viewed the thread page. Any chance this "reset" of the "yeah, he hasn't visited yet, so don't send him any more emails" flag is somehow not happening when it should?

• @camner

Did you get a notification for this post?

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@camner: You should be able to view your notifications in the "Notifications" section at the top of the forum (unless you've disabled the in-form notifications):

https://discussions.agilebits.com/profile/notifications

That can help in the mean time even if you're not getting emails.

• tetardbleu
    tetardbleu
    Community Member

Yay :) , it works again for the Microsoft's e-mail domain names. Let's hope for good this time.

• @tetardbleu

Fingers crossed. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.