Can I save an InDesigndocument in my vault?

martine_hm
martine_hm
Community Member

Just started using 1Password so still figuring things out. I would like to save an InDesigndocument in my vault. It seemed to be ok, but when I wanted to view / download it, there was an error.
Of course I can save a PDF but there are changes made to this doc regularly, so I want the source file to be safe too.
See the error here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2zvynhvoc93hnb6/Schermafbeelding 2019-10-03 om 12.15.31.png?dl=0

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX Sierra 10.13.6
Sync Type: ?
Referrer: forum-search:indesign

Comments

• Hi @martine_hm

I'm not sure that 1Password is going to be a good fit for storing this document... but not because it is an InDesign document. The reason I'm not sure it would be a good fit is that you mention the document is modified regularly. 1Password isn't really set up for that use case. It is better suited to storing static documents that don't change often, if ever, such as birth certificates, deeds, Passports, driver licenses, and such. You can't actively work on a document while it is encrypted in 1Password. Every time you wanted to make changes you'd have to take it out of 1Password, make your changes, save them, change the file in 1Password to the new version, then delete the unencrypted copy. It is possible, but I think there may be other secure file storage solutions available that would better suit this particular need.

Does that help? Please let me know.

Ben

• martine_hm
    martine_hm
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your answer. I understand! I decided to store a PDF of the current state of the document and undate is one in a while, and just keep the more 'living' source doc safe on my computer.

Best,
    Martine

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @martine_hm!

On behalf of Ben, you are very welcome! :) If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.