1PW extremely slow to launch

Zulanova
Zulanova
Community Member

Lately 1PW has become extremely slow to launch (around 3 minutes lag time). As well, it is occasionally slow to respond later (i.e. it's been launched and has been in use for awhile), so much so that it seems it is not working, and then a minute or more later the 1PW mini panel will be invoked. This is a new problem, as it was previously very responsive.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: subscription
Referrer: forum-search:slow

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2018

Hi @Zulanova,

I’m sorry to hear about the trouble. While 1Password is being slow I’d like to ask you to get a “sample.” To get a sample open up Activity Monitor (you can use Spotlight to find it) and filter it to passw :

Then select 1Password 6 (or “1Password” if you do not see 1Password 6) and click on the gear menu and choose Sample Process:

Then just save the file someplace convenient. Along with the sample I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics as well as the sample file to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/89430/
    • Your forum username: Zulanova

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

ref: WYT-45342-675

• David Gaus
    David Gaus
    Community Member

I'm having a similar issue, ok for me to send the diagnostic and sample file referencing this thread also?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@David Gaus: Can you be more specific? What exactly is happening, and which OS, browser, and 1Password versions are involved?

• David Gaus
    David Gaus
    Community Member

macOS 10.13.4 and Safari browser with 1Password 6.8.8 (688002). Sometimes it takes several minutes for 1Password to unlock from the Safari toolbar.
    I've also had instances both in the macOS version of 1Password, but also in iOS versions, where it takes several times to search for an item I know is there can be found. Different issue from above, but equally frustrating.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@David Gaus: Yeah that is very strange. I'm not seeing anything like that here, and my Mac is a not a new one. If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your Mac, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#KXR-42858-294]

If you’re reading this and you are not "David Gaus", this Support ID is for "David Gaus" only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: KXR-42858-294

• David Gaus
    David Gaus
    Community Member

Sent the diagnostic just now, thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@David Gaus: Got it! Thanks! We'll take a look and get back to you via email. :)

• mscwebmaster
    mscwebmaster
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

I'm having the same issue, for MONTHS (at least since last year). App on desktop, Mini, browser extension. Slow to launch, slow to respond throughout the day. Click, click, click, click...finally opens. Acts like its freezing or is not responding at all. I shut down my computer every night, so restarting my computer won't help. It often lags when I've turned on my computer in the morning and everything else has turned on. I've tried doing the browser extension, then the mini, then try to launch the app. Frozen across the board. Funny thing is, when I launch Activity Monitor to do that sample process you love so much, 1PW magically launches, like it knows it's in trouble. As a web designer, I am CONSTANTLY accessing 1PW to log in to client accounts, and this is just making me crazy. I'm starting to think about trying another password manager, and I'm starting to avoid mentioning 1PW (or at least not sound real enthused about it) when I recommend password managers to clients. Because it's kind of embarrassing.

I'm on 6.8.9 - tells me I'm up-to-date.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mscwebmaster: I'm sorry to hear that you're having some performance issues on your machine. If you'll send a diagnostics report, we'll be happy to look into it:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#TLW-36798-355]

If you’re reading this and you are not mscwebmaster, this Support ID is for mscwebmaster only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: TLW-36798-355

• Paulus
    Paulus
    Community Member

Any news on the origin on this subject?
    I have the same problems for some time now.
    Please let me know if you need more specific info if problem is not generic/general.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Paulus: Can you clarify? This is a really old discussion. I never received any further details, and 1Password 6 is no longer under active development.

• Paulus
    Paulus
    Community Member

Brenty,

Thnx for your quick reply.
    Basically the problem is:
    Clicking/opening the 1Password icon in the browsers (firefox/Chrome/Safari all latest versions / Mojave 10.14) or top menubar of the MacBook & iMac gives a slow response (approx 5 to 8 (Chrome) seconds to open masterpassword field).
    Sometime there is no reaction at all (Chrome) and a restart of the browser is the solution, eventough in the top menubar 1Password is active.
    Secondly the time after typing in the masterpassword and 1password unlocking takes maybe 10 to 15 seconds, sometimes it feels even longer, but I could not reproduce it today for this mail.

My question was seeing this thread if this was a known problem (Mojave? 1P? else?) anda known fix is availabe.
    Or do I need to find the solution specifically for my situation as it could be a problem outside 1Password's domain.

If so: I can go troubleshooting / reinstalling etc etc, myself being sure I am not waisting time because it is a known problem.

• I can say that it is not a known issue with 1Password. The mini opens quite quickly (less than 1s) for me on Mojave in all browsers. After typing my Master Password 1Password takes ~1s (if entered correctly). That time can be variable based on the number of items you have stored. We'd be happy to help troubleshoot but if you want to run through the basics first that'll work too. :)

Ben

• Paulus
    Paulus
    Community Member

Thnx Ben, was "afraid' so.
    Guess some cleaning up is in order.
    If help needed, I will let you know.
    Once again quick support appreciated

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Paulus - on behalf of Ben, you're quite welcome -- glad he was able to assist, and let us know if you need anything else.

• alderyarrow
    alderyarrow
    Community Member

I have to say I've begun to have the same issue after a Mojave upgrade.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Can you clarify? Did you mean Mojave? Knowing the specifics would be helpful.

This discussion has been closed.