I just downloaded (9/27/19) 1 Password 7 on my Mac. It will not accept the "Master Password".

brdmagic
brdmagic
Community Member

When I click on the App for the first time, It asks for the 'Master Password'. At the bottom of that screen it says the MP is necessary to re-enable Touch ID. I have carefully entered the Master Password for PW7. It will not accept that. I entered the computer master pw. and again that was not accepted. I also carefully entered my PW6 Master Password and that would not work either. I had attempted to install PW7 last week, and was unable to access PW7 because of the same problem. I uninstalled the App, and canceled my account. Today I started over again, but encountered the same problem as last week.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: I Cloud
Referrer: forum-search:I just downloaded and 1 Password 7 on my Mac. It will not accept the "Master Password"

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @brdmagic! Welcome to the forum!

Are you able to login to your account on 1Password.com in a browser instead?

• brdmagic
    brdmagic
    Community Member

Yes I am.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@brdmagic:

Did you perhaps install and configure the 1Password app on your Mac in the past, before you created this 1Password account? I am wondering if there is an old vault in the app that is prompting you for an old Master Password.

• brdmagic
    brdmagic
    Community Member

Thanks. I did change the master pw in the past and kept that in a note on my 1Pw6 login page. I just now tried both of them recorded there, and none worked. I also, just now managed to find a way to contact the company directly via email (support@1Password.com). I did receive a machine reply (from 1Password Billing Support) that someone would look into the situation and get back to me. When and if that happens I will post the results here. Thanks for your help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@brdmagic:

Thank you for the update! After sending the email, you should have received a ticket number. Can you please post it here so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible?

Thank you!

• brdmagic
    brdmagic
    Community Member

From their return email: TBB-26692-532

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you! I managed to locate your message. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible :)

ref: TBB-26692-532

• brdmagic
    brdmagic
    Community Member

TBB-26692-532

Back in business with 1pw7 running fine and all data imported from 1p6.

Here is the text of an email from Frank Catalano. He first had me download a file to gather data for a diagnostic report. After I sent the report to him he responded:

"Hey Ronald,

Thank you for taking the time to send over the report from your Mac.

I see the issue. There appears to be two separate 1Password accounts linked to this device - an inactive 1Password Families account and the new Individual account you created. Let's reset 1Password for Mac and re-add the Individual account -

Open 1Password for Mac (don't try to unlock it) > Click Help in the menu bar > Select Troubleshooting from the list > Click Reset All 1Password Data.

After the reset, open 1Password on your Mac, from the welcome screen under Already using 1Password click 1Password.com > You will encounter a pop-up window. Select your Individual account in the list and enter your Master Password to add the Individual account to the app.

Keep me posted and let me know if this helped, I'll be here to assist with any additional questions.

Have a fantastic day and I look forward to your reply,

Frank Catalano
    Caped Crusader of Support @ 1Password
    Visit us in the Forum: https://discussions.agilebits.com
    https://support.1password.com

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update! I am glad to hear that everything is working :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.