6.8.8 will not open - does not accept master password - on new macbook with OS Mojave

I just migrated all of my data from an old Macbook Pro running OS Sierra, to a new Macbook Pro running OS Mojave. 1Password will not accept the master password on the new laptop.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:6.8.8 on new macbook

Comments

• Hi @flowerpecker

The way 1Password unlocks is:

1. If a Primary (standalone) vault exists then unlock using the Master Password for that vault, regardless of what, if any, memberships are signed in. If you have multiple standalone vaults, the first one created/added will become the Primary vault.
    2. If a single 1Password membership is signed in then unlock using the Master Password for that membership account.
    3. If multiple memberships are signed in then unlock using the Master Password of the first added membership.

These are each exclusive scenarios. For example, if multiple memberships are signed in, you cannot unlock 1Password using the Master Password of the second account that was added.

Could you please confirm the same accounts & vaults were added to 1Password in the same order / configuration as they were on the old MacBook Pro?

Ben

• flowerpecker
    flowerpecker
    Community Member

Hi Ben - I have only one password vault. It is/was synced across my iphone, ipad and old macbook. I have never had a subscription version of 1Password, if that is what you mean by a membership account. I used Migration Assistant to move all my data from the old laptop to the new, and so can't say what the order or configuration was. Does this help any?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@flowerpecker:

Thank you for the additional information. Are you able to unlock your 1Password app on any of your other devices using the same Master Password?

This discussion has been closed.