Second vault problems

I created a second vault to separate my passwords from my wife's. It only shows up on my user account on our computer which is normally OK...until I realized it didn't show up on my IOS devices nor my MacBook Pro. I have no clue how to get it working on my MacBook Pro (I'll solve that one later), but after playing around on my iPad I stumbled across an option to add additional vaults, and it found the second vault...but it wanted a password to connect it. Wow, no idea, didn't even remember that I password protected it differently than the primary vault. Of course 1P doesn't save THAT password (which of course is the reason I use 1Password so I don't have to remember passwords). How do I recover the password for the second vault? Is it stored in keychain somewhere?

1Password Version: 6.???
Extension Version: not relevant
OS Version: 10.11.6 (El Capitan)
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@RossDillon: It's not possible to "recover" or "reset" the Master Password, but you could simply make a new vault and copy the data there -- and keep track for the Master Password you set this time. You could absolutely save it in 1Password; but as with anything else, 1Password won't have it unless you store it there yourself in the first place.

• RossDillon
    RossDillon
    Community Member

I finally figured out what it was after much trial and error..that said, please tell me how to save the vault password within 1P

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@RossDillon: You can do it any way you want. Just create a new item, enter it there, and save. Just make sure you know where to find it later if necessary. :)

• RossDillon
    RossDillon
    Community Member

Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of brenty, you are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• RossDillon
    RossDillon
    Community Member

Bring this back...can't see the second vault on my Macbook Pro. MBP is running 10.11.2 (El Capitan...too old to update) and 1PW 6.3.2. The option in preferences that allows me to select a second vault is grayed out. I can access it via my iPhone and iPad but not my laptop.

Help?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@RossDillon: I'm not sure what you mean, but there are a few obvious problems there: both macOS and 1Password are severely out of date on your Mac, to the tune of years. If nothing else, you should install the last release of 1Password 6 there, from our website or the Mac App Store, depending on where you purchased it. Then, please take a screenshot of what you're seeing. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

• RossDillon
    RossDillon
    Community Member

The Mac store only has version 7 that requires a new license do I downloaded the one in the link and now nothing works. The mini app won't connect to 1Password 6, and the secondary vault still isn't showing up in the app.

Not sure what pictures you want if I can't find what I'm looking for :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@RossDillon:

Where did you originally purchase 1Password 6? Was it from us or from the App Store?

• RossDillon
    RossDillon
    Community Member

I believe it was the Mac store but it was too long ago to be sure.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@RossDillon:

If you cannot remember, we can help you with this. Can you please reach out to us via email at support+forum@agilebits.com so we don't share personal license information on a public forum?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• RossDillon
    RossDillon
    Community Member

email sent

• RossDillon
    RossDillon
    Community Member

[#RVI-79346-769]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in the system, we will get back to you via email as soon as possible :)

ref: RVI-79346-769

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@RossDillon: To clarify, if you purchased 1Password 6 through the Mac App Store, it will be available for download through your purchase history:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201272#apps

The only thing to keep in mind is that you would have had to have actually paid for it, rather than just downloading it for free (which was allowed so people could try it as read only first). You'd have an email receipt either way which would tell you if you paid for it and when.

• RossDillon
    RossDillon
    Community Member

In the email you requested I provided the order number

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@RossDillon: That's not something I've requested either here or via email. And it wouldn't be useful to me at all if you purchased from the Mac App Store, as we don't have access to Apple's systems. Anyway, I'll close this discussion since we're in contact via email, and trying to carry on the conversation in multiple places will just result in confusion and you and everyone else having to wait longer.

This discussion has been closed.