To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Authorised devices

telUK
telUK
Community Member

Hi

Just something I thought I would mention, under authorised devices I find it very confusing to keep track of what's what, for example I don't understand why it has safari listed as a device.

In my case I have about 7 devices listed as Safari browser some with old OSX, it makes it very confusing. If my iPad is listed as an authorised device why is the browser used on that device listed as well?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @telUK!

I can see how this could be a little bit confusing. We call them authorized devices, but you can see them more as "clients". For 1Password those are indeed separate clients. If you login to your 1Password account in the 1Password app and then in Safari, those will be two logins, even if they come from the same device.

If you have older Safari entries in that list, you can remove them by deauthorizing them, so only the most recent access remains there.

• telUK
    telUK
    Community Member

Thanks for the response, I will leave it for now in case I accidentally remove something I use.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@telUK:

Sounds good! Just so you know, even if you remove a device by mistake, if you have your Emergency Kit you can simply login to it again :)

• telUK
    telUK
    Community Member

Yes, thank you, just another thing, is the 1p app ready (updated) for the imminent release of macOS Catalina.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@telUK:

If you are using 1Password 7 already, then yes :)

This discussion has been closed.