Issues with Password AutoFill when using iOS 13 (freezing, crashing, delays, Touch ID / Face ID)

Ben
Ben
edited November 2019 in iOS

Hi folks,

We have identified an issue with 1Password when used in Password AutoFill (the "🔑 Passwords" function available at the top of the keyboard) on iOS 13. We are tracking this issue internally as apple-4280. We will update this thread as additional information is available.

Update 2019-11-06

I'm very happy to announce 1Password v7.4.3 for iOS has been reviewed/approved by Apple and should be making its way through the App Store. Please install this update and let me know if this resolves the issue.

If you had previously joined the beta, please consider leaving the beta program by opening the TestFlight app, tapping on 1Password, and then tapping "Stop Testing" (in red; at the bottom).

Update 2019-10-24

We have released a beta version of 1Password which we believe resolves this problem. If you are interested in beta testing the fix, you can get on the beta track here:

https://testflight.apple.com/join/flDiG5AU

Please let me know how it turns out. If everything goes well with the beta we should have a stable release containing this fix soon after.

Thanks very much!

Ben

Comments

• havranek
    havranek
    Community Member
    edited October 2019

Hi,

I have a problem with 1password autofill functionality. I'm using iPhone 7, iOS 13.1.2, 1password 7.4.2, Touch ID enabled. After phone restart, I can use autofill for a few times. Then, when trying to use it again, 1password lock screen appears, but no input to enter the password, and no popup to use Touch ID - it just stays on the 1password screen with no possibility to do anything. I have to force close the app, and from now on, every time I try to use autofill, 1password will not show up at all, and the app where I tried to log in will freeze - the cursor in the input blinks, however nothing on the screen responds to the touch. When I go back to home screen and switch back to the app it's responsive again, but trying to use autofill, the result will be the same - no 1password appearing and the app freezes. This continues until I restart the phone.

Interestingly, even when the autofill stops working, I'm still able to launch and use 1password app. Although sometimes it takes a lot of time until Touch ID prompt appears, and sometimes it's doesn't appear at all and I have to force close the app and try again.

Hopefully the issue can be resolved, as I rely heavily on the 1password, and copying password manually on a mobile phone is a pain.

Kind regards,
    Michał

UPDATE: I disabled Touch ID and set up pin code instead, it didn't help. When I enter pin code to use autofill, 1password freezes. After force close, it won't show up again - as described above.

1Password Version: 7.4.2
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: iOS 13.1.2
    Sync Type: 1password.com

• JamesMays
    JamesMays
    Community Member

This is happening to me too. Same iOS and software versions. I’m on an iPhone 11 Pro.

• juliocsr3110
    juliocsr3110
    Community Member

This is happening to me too. iPhone 5s, iOS 12.4.2

• planetbarnett
    planetbarnett
    Community Member

Same here on iPhone 8 and IPad 2017 both on 13.1.2

• justin17483
    justin17483
    Community Member

Happening to me too on iPhone X running 13.1.2. Did a fresh install on an iPhone 11 Pro running 13.1.2 and hit the same issue.

• kodadexx
    kodadexx
    Community Member

same issue here im on iphone 6s 13.1.2. Every app when trying to use autofill just freezes up 1password. Hope we can get a fix soon.. I have to copy paste from app now to work.

• Nepherte
    Nepherte
    Community Member
    edited October 2019

Experiencing the same issue (with face id instead of touch id) on iPhone XS 13.1.2 and 1Password 7.4.2.

• f00f
    f00f
    Community Member

Another “Me Too” post. I’m on a 1Password Family plan, we experience this exact issue consistently on iPhone XS, iPhone 11 Pro Max, and two different iPad Pro 10.5” 2017 tablets. All devices are on iOS 13.1.2. Hope you guys can figure this out quick. For now the workaround is to not use AutoFill at all and just copying the data straight from the 1Password mobile app. (You can also use the Universal Clipboard if you have other macOS or iOS devices with 1Password.)

• gyre
    gyre
    Community Member

I was seeing something like this too. If it's the same problem as I've got, just pressing the touch sensor without waiting for the prompt seems to cause the prompt to pop up, belatedly.

• markbyrn
    markbyrn
    Community Member

I have the same problem on iPhone 11, iPad Pro, etc. running iOS 13.1.2. My guess is the latest 1Password iOS update (v 7.4.2) is bugged. Let's hope a quick fix is in the works.

• Hi folks,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue. I'm in the process of trying to reproduce the issue now. At this point we do not need any further reports, but if we need more information I will follow up in this thread.

Thank you!

Ben

• All,

We are in the process of trying to find the common denominator for folks experiencing this issue. The next time you see it happen please generate and send us a diagnostic report from your device.

To create the report please see these instructions:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com. Please make sure to change the address to this one, so that the message is routed properly.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/107766/
    • Your forum username

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thanks very much!

Ben

• JamesMays
    JamesMays
    Community Member

Hi Ben. Just submitted #GIY-71957-234

• Thanks @JamesMays! I've added your diagnostic information to my report for our development team. Hopefully that will help them track down what is going on.

Ben

• cyperous
    cyperous
    Community Member

When attempting to fill a password into an 3rd party app the first time succeeds but subsequent attempts causes everything to lock up and I have to force close the app I'm using. The only way I can get a password into those apps is to priorly copy the password and paste into the apps. This was working fine in all my apps on my iphone X but now with my iphone 11 pro max it's not working.

1Password Version: 7.4.2
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: iOS 13.1.2
    Sync Type: my.1password.com

• havranek
    havranek
    Community Member

Hi, my support ID is #DRR-84693-734.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @havranek!

ref: DRR-84693-734

• chrisleduc
    chrisleduc
    Community Member

Hi cyperous

I'm seeing the exact same issue since I moved to the iPhone 11 Pro Max. I didn't use a backup, so I think something must be wrong with the current version of 1Password. My iPhone XS Max still works fine.

Cheers
    Chris

• BradMcMahan
    BradMcMahan
    Community Member

Hi All,

I am also having this issue. Same symptoms as Chris with one addition. It seems to work once then after enabling FaceID, it crashes.

Brad

• markbyrn
    markbyrn
    Community Member

I sent a diagnostic as well - reported generated Oct 8 2019 at 12:25. FYI, the issue also occurs on iOS beta 13.2 but I sent the report from a phone running 13.1.2. If you want, I can send a diagnostic from the 13.2 device as well.

• resting
    resting
    Community Member

I have the same issues. Work the first time, subsequently 1P just stop showing up and app just freezes.

iPhone 11 Pro Max.
    iOS 13.1.2
    1P: 7.4.2

• @markbyrn

It wouldn't hurt. Please make sure you're sending reports to the email address support+forum@agilebits.com and then please post the support ID you get back from BitBot here. I did find the one you already sent; thanks!

Thanks!

Ben

ref: NIQ-39227-831

• jalwitt
    jalwitt
    Community Member

Same problem, iPad Pro, iOS 12.4.1, 1P 7.4.2

• Hi folks,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble using 1Password to fill your details into apps. Could you please let me know if you are using Password AutoFill (from the button on top of the keyboard), or the 1Password extension (the 1Password icon inside the password field)?

Ben

• Shironeko
    Shironeko
    Community Member
    edited October 2019

I have the same problem on XS Max with iOS 13.1.2, the latest version of 1Password 7.4.2 and Chrome 77.0.3865.103.
    Whenever I try to tap the '🔑Password' to autofill in Chrome, 1Password doesn't open and it will also freeze Chrome. I have to force close Chrome and open it again to make the browser works again. The latest version seems working fine with Safari on iPhone though.

• Marcus74
    Marcus74
    Community Member

Hello, my support ID is [#HMM-56229-619]

• cyperous
    cyperous
    Community Member
    edited October 2019

I'm using auto fill but some of my apps do not correlate to a specific set of password(s) so it has to launch 1password, and the problem from me and others is that it works initially but if you need to enter the creds again in the same session, 1password crashes usually needing to force close the app I'm using. If you exit to the home screen and wait a bit the app will restore when you go back it but 1password is unusable within the app.

For me I'm using the AutoFill on the keyboard

• ethbot
    ethbot
    Community Member
    edited October 2019

MVJ-36769-491

For me, Touch ID isn’t available at all. Opening the app, the Touch ID button is missing and turning Touch ID off in the app, then deleting all fingerprints, adding new ones, and then logging into the so with my master password didn’t solve the issue. Touch ID Is missing everywhere.

• Umiamz
    Umiamz
    Community Member

Seeing the same on my 11 Pro Max and iPad Pro with 7.4.2. Previous version of 1Password was fine.
    I’m also getting the same problem with 1Password Touch-ID authentication on an iPhone 8.
    All devices running iOS 13.1.2

• freiord
    freiord
    Community Member

Hello,

I'm having the same problem on my iPhone 8 Plus running iOS 13.1.2.

This discussion has been closed.