Syncing between my ios and Windows PC

So i am adding a login on my iphone and it does not appear when i log in to my 1password account anywhere else? I was hoping to be able to pick up anything i added on one device on all my other devices. is this not possible?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @SilasG,

Thank you for reaching out!

If you use the same vault that belongs to your 1Password account, your data should sync between your devices. Before we dig deeper, could you please tell me the name of the vault that you added your Login item on your iPhone? Is it Personal or Primary?

The thing is that you might have your local vault in 1Password on your iPhone (it is called Primary), so it will not sync to your 1Password account on other devices. Please let me know what you find. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• ulbn
    ulbn
    Community Member

Hello
    Maybe someone has asked this before:
    I have 4 units (one iPhone 6s, one iPad mini 5, one MacBookPro - all three with synced 1Password7 and some 50 pcs of passwords I use) The fourth unit is my stationary compuer, a PC with 64 bits Windows 7...

• Now I wonder, can I include the W7 PC in my 1Password account and also use the same excellent password manager/generator benefits as for the Apple products?
      Would appreciate your reply in this matter!
      Best Rgds
  • Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ulbn,

1Password 7 for Windows should work on Windows 7, so if you have 1Password account, you can indeed install it on your Windows PC. Here is how:

Get the 1Password apps

Let me know if this is what you need. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• ulbn
    ulbn
    Community Member

Thanks a lot, Greg!

Additional query:
    If I within - say 6 months - will upgrade my Windows operating system to W10, since W7 is apparently "on its way out" concerning frequent updates, will installation now of 1Password complicate or facilitate the 1Password installation/use??
    Rgds
    /B

• The same guide Greg linked will allow you to reinstall on Windows 10, @ulbn. 1Password 7 supports 7, 8, 8.1, and 10, so regardless of your operating system, it's just about the same song and dance. Your encrypted data is backed up remotely so whether you install now or wait, it'll be there waiting for you when you're ready. :+1:

• ulbn
    ulbn
    Community Member

Thanks a lot, bundtkate! That’ s the type of answer that inspires me and makes me dare trying unknown paths...
    All the best wishes and have a really nice day!
    Rgds
    /ulbn

• It's no trouble at all, @ulbn! We definitely understand that password management is new to most of our customers. New things mean taking some risks and that's tough when you don't feel comfortable making mistakes. I'm sure we could still improve on this front, but we definitely do our very best to ensure that it's really really hard to make a mistake that you can't recover from. And if ever you do need to recover? Well, that's why we're here. We're always happy to bail you out. :smile:

• yusfebrim
    yusfebrim
    Community Member

Hi 1Password team,

I saw there was anarticle that they added the login from mobile but not sync with the apps on the windows PC.

Issue 1:
    However, my issue is the other way around.
    I added 1 login information from my windows PC, but it is not sync with 1Password on my mobile phone.
    I have 203 items on my desktop apps while only 201 on my mobile apps.

Issue 2:
    From my mobile apps, I can do these things

• Set digits up to how many characters
    • Set Symbols up to how many characters
      Whereas it is not available from the desktop apps

Appreciate if anyone can help me on this matter.

Thanks.
    Febri

• Without knowing a bit more about your sync setup, @yusfebrim, it's difficult to give any suggestions on correcting those problems. For example, do you have a 1Password membership (monthly or annual subscription) or do you use standalone vaults? If you add an item on your mobile devices, does it show up on your PC? Finally, what types of mobile devices do you use – Android? iOS? Both? Any additional details you can provide will help.

As for the password generator, that's just the symptoms of some apps having swapped to the new and improved password generator and others not having quite made it yet. For the moment, there's some divergence across platforms (sorry!) but we'll be gradually getting them all on the same page in future updates. :+1:

• yusfebrim
    yusfebrim
    Community Member

@bundtkate thank you for your reply.

Firstly, I have an annual subscription.
    Secondly, I do not use standalone vaults.

After I redo the sign in from my iOS device, the issue seems resolved now.
    Apologies for not doing this prior posting it here.

Really appreciate for your kind reply for this.

Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of bundtkate, you are welcome!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.