Cannot migrate from version 6

pinecone
pinecone
Community Member

I am a longtime user of the standalone app, version 6 for mac.

My wife is a subscription user. We updated her account to a Family plan, which I wanted to join. The join process seems to have worked, I can sign in to 1password.com. I see a private vault with 3 items. I downloaded & installed version 7, all my items are there.

How do I migrate the hundreds of items in my vault from the standalone app? I followed the instructions here: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/ Nothing migrated.

Those instructions tell me I can follow manual instructions here: https://support.1password.com/add-account/?mac Those do not apply to what I am doing. I'm not adding an account, I want to migrate data.

Please provide instructions for migrating from a standalone vault to a subscription vault. Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• pinecone
    pinecone
    Community Member

I wanted to provide more information.

When I attempt to follow these instructions:

If 1Password doesn’t ask you to migrate your data:

1. Choose Vault menu > Switch to Vault, and select a vault in your new account.
    2. Choose Help > Tools > Migrate Standalone Vaults to Account.

The "Migrate Standalone Vaults to Account" option is not selectable under Tools. This sounds like what I need to do, but the option is not available to me.

When I attempted to register to 1password.com with my current master password, I could not because it was not long enough. So, currently, my 1password.com master password and my 1password master password do not match.

Is the root of my problem? How do I fix that? I dont want to any more experimenting until I understand what is going on. Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pinecone!

We will be happy to help you with this. I noticed that you also sent us an email about this issue. So we don't duplicate the answers, we will get back to you over there as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: VIH-78365-127

• pinecone
    pinecone
    Community Member
    edited October 2019

@ag_ana Thanks for the response.

How long do customers usually wait for a email reply?

Not a complaint, just need to know what to expect. Thx.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pinecone!

Normally we are pretty fast (it's not uncommon for us to reply even the same day), but it might take a bit longer now. We are very sorry for the delay but we have been experiencing a surge of user requests lately, so we are not replying to emails as fast as we normally do. I wanted to assure you, though, that we reply to every email in the order we receive them, so I promise we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you very much for your patience!

• pinecone
    pinecone
    Community Member

@ag_ana Hello. I'm still waiting for a response. Sorry to bother you here, but my inquiry via email goes unanswered.

Can you give any estimate on when I can expect to get this resolved? Thank.

• @pinecone,

It looks like Frank has been working with you via email. Things are running a little behind right now due to a significant increase in requests. We're working hard to catch up. :+1:

Ben

• ccgreen
    ccgreen
    Community Member

I have the same issue. It would be great to post information regarding going from MAC OS version 6 to Family subscription. I believe more people will be doing this, particularly with MAC OS updates to Catalina. Thank you.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2019

Hi @ccgreen

The general idea is:

1. Download 1Password 7: Download for Mac
    2. Follow this guide to create a 1Password Families membership and migrate your data: Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account
    3. Invite your family (they'd also then complete steps 1 & 2): Share passwords in 1Password Families. Instead of creating a new membership, they'd accept your invite and create an account within your membership.

Please feel free to start a new thread if you have difficulties at any point during the process. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.