Saving edits to a favorited entry kicks me back to category view (logins, secure notes, etc)

Options
tetrabit
tetrabit
Community Member
edited October 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I am using 1Password for Windows v7.3.712 and I find it frustrating that editing a favorited entry will kick me out of the favorites view and into a category view.

I don't know the official terminology, but the 1Password GUI has three columns:
1. "View-control column", left-most column, lets you choose the sorts of things you want to view (all items, favorites, watchtower stuff, categories, tags)
2. "entry-list column", middle column, shows a list of entries that correspond to your selection from the view-control column.
3. "detailed-entry column", right-most column, gives detailed view of entry selected from the entry-list column.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Click "Favorites" in the view-control column so that the entry-list shows your favorites
2. Select an entry in the entry-list column
3. Click "edit" button in the detailed-entry column to start editing the entry
4. Click "save" button to save the entry
5. Notice that clicking the "save" button changed the view-control column's selection from "favorites" to the category of the entry you just edited. For instance, if you edited a favorited login, the "Logins" category will be selected and the edit-list column will show you those entries.

I don't like the stuff that is described in step 5. I don't want saving an entry to change the view-control column selection, and I especially don't like it kicking me out of my beloved Favorites view. Is there any way to avoid getting kicked out of Favorites view? Some context is I'm going through and modifying all of my favorited entries, and it slows me down that after every save I have to go back to favorites and scroll down to select next entry. I'd much rather that nothing in the entry-list column change and I can easily just click the next entry.

Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win10 Version 1903
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• That's a known issue and not limited to favorites, @tetrabit – there are a few cases where your selection is swapped when we don't want it to be. Apologies for the trouble, but our development team is aware of this and will get it corrected in a future update. :+1:

ref: opw/opw#3389

• tetrabit
    tetrabit
    Community Member
    Options

That is good to hear. I look forward to that future update. Thanks for the information.

• It's no trouble at all! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.